Senior Developer (SQL DBA)
End Date Salary Range
£49,608 - £55,120 We support agile working - click here for more information on agile working options. Agile Working Options
Other Agile Working Arrangements / Open to Discussion Job Description Summary
Senior Developer (SQL DBA)
At Lloyds Banking Group, we have a clear purpose; to help Britain prosper and to become the best bank for our customers. What we do makes a genuine difference to families, businesses and communities and we're playing a central role in crafting a growing UK economy. Finance is key to that success by securing and building the financial strength and performance of the Bank.
You'll be joining Insurance Finance, in the Data Systems & Change (DS&C) team. DS&C is a dynamic business intelligence and application development team. As part of this technical delivery team, you'll be contributing to the design and development of applications and Insurance Finance's operating model for data, systems and MI. You'll have opportunity to work across the Finance function and be at the forefront of change initiatives, critical to our General Insurance and Life, Pensions & Investments business.
You'll be based in our Bristol office but we pride ourselves on our agile working culture - so you may be liaising with stakeholders remotely via video, spending face to face time with your manager, or occasionally travelling to one of our other hub locations for a meeting. Sound like your kind of place?
We're looking for a professional SQL Developer or DBA ready to take the next career step, in a Finance change delivery team. What would you get involved with?
Your primary focus will be on supporting monthly development activities and operational support for the Loan Valuation Model (LVM) and Box Management Applications. Your accountabilities will include:
• Delivery of DBA support for finance applications and data solutions for strategic and BAU change.
• Drawing upon your expert knowledge of MS SQL Server and associated technologies to provide solutions.
• Working in partnership with your business colleagues to understand and shape requirements and solutions.
• Ensuring compliance with all relevant Group and DS&C procedures, guidelines and reporting requirements as well as any relevant regulatory and statutory requirements.
• Contributing to the planning, control and monitoring of a range of services and initiatives, reviewing, challenging and making recommendations in order to meet the business requirements
• Ensuring the completion of comprehensive and detailed functional and non-functional business requirements.
• Managing and minimising operational risk.
• Championing new tools and systems and advocating advances in innovations.
• Maintaining high levels of technical and system knowledge.
• Mentoring and coaching other team members and deputising for senior management as required. About you...
You're a Senior Developer (SQL DBA) who primarily uses MS SQL Server and you have a good knowledge of related technologies such as .NET and VBA.
You're both analytical and creative in finding solutions to unfamiliar problems and are adept at investigating and sourcing input to resolve systems challenges. You're able to troubleshoot data and performance issues quickly and efficiently and take a consultative approach to working with others.
You'll relish the challenge of managing a variety of stakeholders - your relationship building and management skills have been well-honed in previous roles. You're comfortable and credible in front of peers and more senior audiences, able to challenge where appropriate. Equally, you possess good communication skills which you use to present information and advice, insightfully and succinctly. What skills and experience can you bring to the role?
As a minimum, your technical skills and experience will include:
- In depth MS SQL Server DBA experience
- Advanced knowledge of SQL Server 2008 r2/2014/2016
- Working knowledge of database design principles
- Working knowledge of data architecture and scaling SQL databases
- T-SQL DML, DDL, DCL (Stored Procs, Functions, etc.)
- Full SQL stack (SQL Server, SSAS, SSIS and SSRS)
- Backup and Recovery (Recovery Models, Full and Transaction Log backups, RPO)
- High Availability and Disaster Recovery Performance Tuning and Optimization
- Working knowledge of clustering
- Plan replication solutions for SQL Server 2014
- PowerShell for maintenance of SQL servers
The following would also be desirable:
And in return?
- Financial Services industry background
- Release Planning and Management experience
- Microsoft SQL Qualification (SQL 2008/2012/2016)
- Configuration of monitoring and alerting systems experience
- Data warehouse and OLAP experience
- Working knowledge of Continuous Integration/Deployment principles
- Previous use of deployment and version controls software (e.g. Team Foundation Server, RedGate SQL source control, GIT, GitHub)
It is a very exciting time to join LBG. Together we'll continue our market leading, ground breaking transformation and you'll help us realise the Group's vision to become the Best Bank for Customers. Here, you'll grow as a person and develop your career.
As well as a competitive salary, you'll receive:
• Car / Car allowance
• Discretionary Performance Share Award
• Generous pension contribution
• A flex benefits cash pot you can adjust to suit your lifestyle (4% on top of your basic salary)
• Private health cover
• Share schemes
• 30 days holiday plus bank holidays
In return for your expertise, you'll enjoy our total dedication to your ongoing personal and professional development. We'll help you perform at your best today, so you can fulfil all your potential in the future.
Lloyds Banking Group is committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve, and to building an inclusive environment where all our colleagues can be themselves and succeed on merit. We're an equal opportunity employer and deeply value diversity within our organisation. Did you know we've won awards?
We've gained industry recognition including Stonewall Top 100 Employer, Top 30 Employer for Working Families, Gold Standard 2014 from the Business Disability Forum and Top 50 Employer for Women.
So if you have the skills we're seeking and you're looking for your next step, we'd love to hear from you. At Lloyds Banking Group, we're driven by a clear purpose; to help Britain prosper. Across the Group, our colleagues are focused on making a difference to customers, businesses and communities. With us you'll have a key role to play in shaping the financial services of the future, whilst the scale and reach of our Group means you'll have many opportunities to learn, grow and develop. We're focused on creating a values-led culture and are committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve. Together we're building a truly inclusive workplace where all of our colleagues have the opportunity to make a real difference.