Solution Engineer - Solution and Design Architect
End Date Salary Range
£60,825 - £81,100 We support agile working - click here for more information on agile working options. Agile Working Options
Other Agile Working Arrangements / Open to Discussion Job Description Summary
Lloyds banking Group is on the mission to build the bank of the future, and we need your help do it. Continuing our extensive transformation programme, we're redefining what a bank is from the inside out. Our technology, our culture, and our mind-set is changing to craft a true engineering-led organisation.
We're looking to recruit a Solution and Design Architect who plays a crucial role in the product development cycle. The Solution and Design Architect will be responsible for gathering requirements and directing the activities of the rest of the design team. This role requires excellent attention to detail, as the solution architect frequently needs to examine functional specifications and translate them into system guidelines that shape project development as well as find ways to align projects with enterprise-level systems. In addition to guiding development teams, a solution architect is responsible for conducting research on existing systems and devising solutions that work within those systems. They may also meet directly with stakeholders to demonstrate solutions, answer questions regarding software capabilities and requirements, and work to resolve issues that arise during the development cycle About the role:
Within Group Transformation, a Data Management Services Lab has been created to manage the planning and delivery of data management capabilities to the organisation. In this respect, the Data Management Services Lab is responsible for all aspects of the data product life cycle including requirements gathering, product scoping and feasibility, road map and delivery management, as well as championing effective Data Management. What you'll do
We believe that people don't fit neatly into roles, and we value everyone's individual skills, experience, and knowledge - it's what makes you awesome!
What follows is what you might find our Solution Engineer - Solution and Design Architect mostly doing, but your experience will flex depending on the team's needs, and your own aspirations. Our objective is to grow and create an environment where you can do what you enjoy.
Key accountabilities and capabilities of this role include
- You'll have experience in Data Management disciplines
- Have an ability to work with a wide range of colleagues from diverse backgrounds
- Evidence Solution Architecture of Data Management solutions alongside your experience of analyzing data and drawing conclusions
- You'll demonstrate mentoring skills and guidance to build and lead a strong performing team who embrace and excel using agile delivery methodology.
- Gaining a deep understanding of use cases and user experience, identifying gaps and generating innovative solutions that expedite delivery of data quality strategy and/or accelerate business benefit
- Gather functional requirements
- Develop specifications, develop schedules and test plans, prepare documentation based on analyst reports, and assemble documents presenting project guidelines and milestones to team members.
- Identify potential issues between systems and stakeholder expectations and propose new solutions to work around these limitations.
- Determine Project Scope, communicating clearly with enterprise architects, developers, and stakeholders.
- Leading development teams through the development life cycle, monitoring timelines and progress to ensure that team members are adhering to these specifications
- Manage External Vendors to develop and implement specific aspects of the software solution. This aspect of the role requires the solution architect to consider costs and timelines and ensure that vendors meet deadlines for deliverable and project elements. They will review proposals and estimates from these vendors and resolve whether they fit into existing budgetary and time restrictions and ensure that external solutions work with internal development projects.
- Experience of working with Data Management technology solutions would be desirable skill for this position.
- Personal qualities Lloyds Banking Group looks for include excellent verbal and written communication skills and resilience while keeping the customer at the center of everything you do.
We deeply value diversity, and are proudly committed to being an equal opportunity employer. If this is you, come and join our inclusive, values-led culture focused on making a difference. Together we'll make it possible...So what can we offer you in return?
Whatever your aspiration, you can also expect excellent benefits, personal development and a career that's enriching and full of opportunity. You'll also receive a package that includes
Sound like you? Are you interested in joining us? Apply today, we'd love to hear from you... At Lloyds Banking Group, we're driven by a clear purpose; to help Britain prosper. Across the Group, our colleagues are focused on making a difference to customers, businesses and communities. With us you'll have a key role to play in shaping the financial services of the future, whilst the scale and reach of our Group means you'll have many opportunities to learn, grow and develop. We're focused on creating a values-led culture and are committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve. Together we're building a truly inclusive workplace where all of our colleagues have the opportunity to make a real difference.
- Car allowance
- Discretionary bonus circa 20 % of base pay
- Cash sum of 4% which you can exchange for a variety of benefits or simply take the cash
- Private Medical Insurance
- Generous pension contribution.
- Share plans
- 30 days holiday