Transforming Change Risk Partner
- Bristol, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Lloyds Banking Group
- 21 Mar 19
Transforming Change Risk Partner
1 June 2019
Please note, this vacancy will close at 00:01am on the specified closing date rather than 11:59pm. Please ensure all applications are received before 00.01am on the specified closing date.
£54,675 - £72,900
We support agile working - click here for more information on agile working options.
Agile Working Options
Other Agile Working Arrangements / Open to Discussion
Job Description Summary
Analyse, investigate and evaluate risk, develop policy recommendations and challenge and advise assigned areas of the business to ensure risks are understood, mitigated and controlled. May lead a team of risk professionals and deputise for senior colleagues at G.
We love to do things differently in COO Business Risk
We encourage our employees to challenge the status quo and to come up with new and innovative idea.
Putting our customers first is a priority for us.
We make it our priority to make sure that we add value and make thing cost effective for our customers;
Our people are our greatest asset and are an integral part of our success.
GROUP TRANSFORMATION COO Business Risk
To be the Leading 1st Line Risk Function in Financial Services in the UK
Work collaboratively to guide, support and challenge on all risk related matters.
Responsible for the successful delivery of the risk agenda against internal and regulatory requirements.
Look for solutions to enable the business to achieve its goals in a compliant manner.
Facilitating Group Transformation's key external regulatory relationships.
Ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and delivering positive outcomes for customers.
Protect Group Transformation & CIO by supporting the business to identify report and mitigate risks.
Gain insight through data, to develop an enhanced risk management framework, supporting fair sustained customer outcomes.
Work directly with teams to help mitigate risk and aid smooth transition along the life-cycle of a project.
Transform the bank in a safe and compliant way
So why should you choose COO Business Risk for the next stage in your career?
- We will encourage you to do what is right and empower you to make the right decision.
- We will invest in your career with development plans and opportunities to grow and learn.
The newly created role represents an opportunity for a highly motivated colleagues to work at the heart of how the Group transforms its way of delivering change, enabling the COO Business Risk to influence the way we deliver change and ensure the transformation is undertaken safely.
Transforming Change is focussed around a number of key work-streams:
- Optimus (Methodology / Change toolkit);
- Communications & Engagement;
- Engineering; and
The role will embed a Risk Partner into the Transforming Change programme and all key work-streams, developing their knowledge and understanding of what is being delivered to ensure that:
- Appropriate and expected key controls are designed for how the Group delivers change through GSR3 and other major programmes.
- Change, Execution and Delivery Risk is being managed appropriately within the programme.
- Support is provided to COO Business Risk senior management in decision making for senior governance committees.
- The successful candidate will also be expected to attend Delivery Forum level governance and be comfortable in challenging and raising concerns to senior colleagues within Group Transformation. This role is critical in enabling COO Business Risk to influence the way Labs & Engineering transformation is designed and structured.
In addition the colleague will be expected to build relationships and engage regularly with Divisional Transition Leads to ensure that transitional states and organisation designs have been fully understood and are fit for purpose.
- Self-driven, highly motivated with an appetite for Risk management and a track record of strong performance.
- Has extensive experience in risk management and in how the Group delivers change (today and tomorrow) and derives value from risk management, to make good risk decisions, and to drive continuous improvement.
- Can operate in an ambiguous and constantly changing environment making use of available data to make good decisions and be prepared to provide subjective insightful views backed by appropriate data in simple ways.
- A capable communicator, who can develop and utilise a personal network across the organisation, confident and effective in dealing with senior stakeholders
- Not afraid of challenging the status quo and advising senior leadership within the programme, doing so in a way that is collaborative, supportive and encourages them to improve and embed new ways of working.
- Self starter who is able to work without the need for constant guidance and direction; knowing when to escalate key concerns to senior management within the Programme and COO Business Risk
Analyse, investigate and evaluate risk, develop policy recommendations and challenge and advise assigned areas of the business to ensure risks are understood, mitigated and controlled. May lead a team of risk professionals and deputise for senior colleagues at G
- Senior Risk Partner for the Transforming Change Sponsor and senior programme management.
- Provide support and challenge to ensure the TC Programme is delivering fit for purpose controls.
- Engage regularly with Divisional Transition State leads, providing feedback and challenge to the proposed transitional states and target operating models including the go / no go decisions.
- Report to the Execution and Transition Risk Lead, supporting with any key decisions that are required and insights for Transforming Change Committee.
- Represent COO Business Risk on Delivery Forum level governance.
- Build and develop a risk profile for Transforming Change, ensuring programme management are following appropriate governance and support in the escalation and resolution of risks.
- Drives and develops a culture of continuous improvement in all areas to identify solutions which deliver risk remediation and mitigation within risk appetite.
- Demonstrate continuous learning and self-development, especially around emerging Agile and Systems thinking concepts
- Demonstrates core Lloyds Banking Group values and behaviours as an active team member
- Where relevant, lead and manage a high performing team, developing colleagues through stretching objectives, feedback and coaching.
- 'Embeds the LBG culture and vision by modelling behaviours, creating and agreeing stretching performance objectives, feedback and coaching
- Raising team performance by building trust, communicating effectively and appreciating individual inputs
- Acts as a source of professional expertise to evaluate, review, investigate, challenge & mitigate the potential for risk in assigned areas of the business
- Assists in the development of - and manages the implementation of short , medium and long-term plans in the context of the strategic direction, taking into account the risk appetite, governance and regulatory requirements
- Prepares and interprets, with insight and information from multiple sources, recommendations for action, which also provide a basis for delivering challenging guidance and advice to influence decisions and behaviours in assigned business areas
- Uses a range of presentation and facilitation skills in order to draw out a consensus view within a group discussion and on a one-to-one basis
- Adapting their communication style to a particular audience or purpose using verbal, written, face to face and virtual communication methods
Organisational and Environmental Awareness
- Develops a network of external advisers and practitioners to advise LBG of the implications of best practice ensuring legal, regulatory and professional compliance
- Builds and maintains a cross-functional internal network of key stakeholders to establish understanding of the appetite for risk and how it can best be implemented
- Initiates, leads and delivers agreed change programmes to achieve continuous improvement to processes and systems
- Communicates and explains change effectively. Plans and implements changes gaining commitment and understanding, minimising disruption to service
At Lloyds Banking Group, we're driven by a clear purpose; to help Britain prosper. Across the Group, our colleagues are focused on making a difference to customers, businesses and communities. With us you'll have a key role to play in shaping the financial services of the future, whilst the scale and reach of our Group means you'll have many opportunities to learn, grow and develop.
We're focused on creating a values-led culture and are committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve. Together we're building a truly inclusive workplace where all of our colleagues have the opportunity to make a real difference.