Managing Consultant, Industrial & Packaging Design
Managing Consultant, Industrial & Packaging Design
Full time/Permanent; Home-based, Global-remit
Competitive remuneration package that includes annual bonus scheme, private healthcare, travel allowance and more!
Bringing Ingenuity to Life
We're an innovation and transformation consultancy that believes in the power of ingenuity to build a positive-human future in a technology-driven world. Our diverse teams of experts combine innovative thinking with breakthrough-technologies to progress further, faster.
With a global network of FTSE 100 and Fortune 500 clients, we'll offer you unrivalled opportunities for growth and the freedom to excel. Combining strategies, technologies and innovation, we turn complexity to opportunity and deliver enduring results, enabling you to build a lasting career.
Isn't it time you joined us?
Become part of the Team:
The Product Development and Engineering (PDE) group at PA, based at our Global Technology Centre in Cambridgeshire is a centre of excellence encompassing design and conceptualisation, advanced prototyping, human factors analysis, innovation management and implementation. Made up of designers, engineers, scientists and strategists, PDE has a truly multi-disciplinary approach to innovation which is brought to bear across a wide-variety of industry verticals.
Our Industrial Design function is an innovative and creative team of individuals, that have an enviable track record of delivery to some of the largest consumer product, healthcare and technology companies in the market, and we want to leverage this success further. We are looking for a sales-orientated industrial designer who would relish the opportunity to promote PA's Industrial Design capability to new potential clients and to help expand PA's reach across verticals such as medical devices, consumer electronics, FMCG and more.
The incumbent would be responsible for showcasing PA's Industrial Design capability, using their knowledge of key industry verticals. They will act as a bridge between PA's best in class design services and clients looking to conceptualise new and exciting products or packaging solutions to drive PA's business objectives forwards.
This role will involve extensive travel, so the candidate could be based anywhere across the EU/UK area, but would be expected visit our technology centre in Melbourn, Herts, UK to attend meetings, client visits etc. Job Requirements
What we're looking for:
This role would suit candidates who probably have a background in industrial design and have since moved into a more sales or account management function. They should be able to combine their knowledge of industrial design as a service with their knowledge of key industry verticals to showcase PA's capability and ultimately win business. You should be comfortable with travel and, with a global remit at your disposal, relish the chance to be part of a growth business.
You would have:
• Degree in Industrial Design, Packaging Technology (or similar)
• Proven track record of selling design as a service
• A great knowledge of one or more industrial verticals (FMCG, Medical Devices, Consumer Electronics etc) with a desire to add more to your collection.
• Fantastic communication and presentation skills and be in your element liaising with senior technical to C-suit representatives
• A sales hunter mentality, keen to build business and track success through intelligent metrics
• A passion for innovation and technology and its potential impact on the world
• Happy with international travel and a desire to meet clients face to face to promote PA and drive client engagement (30-40% travel)
If you are a sales-orientated industrial designer who feels constrained in their current role and would welcome green fields of opportunity to run into backed by a world class innovation service, then this is an opportunity worth considering.
Curious about PA or consultancy in general? - get in touch with Scott Oldham (email@example.com) for an informal chat prior to an application.
* Please note you must already have the unconditional right to live and work in the EU/UK region*
#LI-SO1 About PA Consulting Group
Benefits package at PA:
- Private medical insurance
- Transport allowance
- 25 days annual leave with the opportunity to buy 5 additional days
- Company pension scheme
- Annual performance-based bonus
- Life and Income protection insurance
- Tax efficient benefits (cycle to work, give as you earn)
- Voluntary benefits (Dental, critical illness, spouse/partner life assurance)
PA is committed to building an inclusive and supportive culture where diversity thrives, and all of our people can excel. We believe that greater diversity stimulates innovation, enabling us to fulfil our purpose of 'Bringing Ingenuity to Life', supporting the growth of our people, and delivering more enduring results for our clients.
We only recruit, promote and reward our people based on their contribution, without regard to gender, race, disability, religion, nationality, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.