Mechanical Engineer, Principal Consultant
Principal Consultant, Mechanical Engineering
(Process or Product Development)
Permanent/Full Time; Royston, Herts, UK
Competitive remuneration package that includes annual bonus scheme, private healthcare, travel allowance and more!
Bringing Ingenuity to Life
We're an innovation and transformation consultancy that believes in the power of ingenuity to build a positive-human future in a technology-driven world. Our diverse teams of experts combine innovative thinking with breakthrough-technologies to progress further, faster.
With a global network of FTSE 100 and Fortune 500 clients, we'll offer you unrivalled opportunities for growth and the freedom to excel. Combining strategies, technologies and innovation, we turn complexity to opportunity and deliver enduring results, enabling you to build a lasting career.
Isn't it time you joined us?
Become part of the Team
Our team of Mechanical Design Engineers is a highly respected and a highly valued part of our Technology and Innovation consultancy group. We are looking to grow this team significantly where you would be developing creative technical solutions for manufacturing processes and machine designs of "new to market products".
We provide a one-stop product development service that takes products to market, from advising on business cases and creating initial concepts through to design and development; from manufacture and supply chain set-up to ongoing support for lasting success.
To enjoy this job and the variety of problems to be solved a good technical breadth is needed to adapt well to our consulting environment. This will make the most of your proactive and creative approach to your work, your aptitude and ambition, and your ability to apply your skills to the creation, analysis and development of process development, manufacturing systems and automation technologies.
What we're looking for
The Principal Consultant is the most senior technical grade of consultant at PA. You can expect to be leading teams on larger projects and getting directly involved in bids and client management. The Principal Consultant is a technical expert who can couple this to a strong knowledge of consultancy services, effectively marrying need with resource. The role is still very much hands-on, this is not a pure project management role. Job Requirements
What we're looking for:
The Principal Consultant is the most senior technical grade of consultant at PA. You can expect to be leading teams on larger projects and getting directly involved in bids and client management. The Principal Consultant is a technical expert who can couple this to a strong knowledge of consultancy services, effectively marrying need with resource. The role is still very much hands-on, this is not a pure project management role.
• Minimum 2:1 degree in Mechanical Engineering or related subject or equivalent experience
• High level of proficiency in 3D CAD systems; preferably SolidWorks
• Thorough understanding and proven experience of mechanical engineering fundamentals
• Familiarity with the design and development of laboratory automation or manufacturing system equipment
• Strong analytical and problem solving capability
• Proven experience leading/delivering technical programmes/projects
• Customer focus, with a professional and confident communication style
• Understanding of quality control and risk management
• Strong knowledge of COTS automation components
• Knowledge of pneumatics and machine control systems
• Understanding of machine health and safety regulations
• Experience in the Healthcare and / or Food and Drink sectors
• The ability to innovate and think freely
• Proven track record of working individually and in teams of highly skilled engineers in a complex technical project-based environment
• Energy and enthusiasm to take on new challenges in a range of industry sectors
• Adaptability and flexibility
• Able to solve problems using both logic and creative/innovative approaches
• Numerate and highly computer literate, with excellent analytical skills
• Able to plan and prioritise, work to deadlines and under pressure
This is a unique opportunity to join a team that works with makes real-world impact. By interacting with our Applied Sciences, Industrial Design, Data Sciences and Software teams, the Mechanical Engineering group can deliver truly innovative solutions to our clients that range right across the industrial sector! If you enjoy challenge and variety and don't want to be pigeon-holed into a one-type-of-solution model, then PA is well worth considering: About PA Consulting Group
Benefits package at PA:
- Private medical insurance
- Transport allowance
- 25 days annual leave with the opportunity to buy 5 additional days
- Company pension scheme
- Annual performance-based bonus
- Life and Income protection insurance
- Tax efficient benefits (cycle to work, give as you earn, childcare benefits)
- Voluntary benefits (Dental, critical illness, spouse/partner life assurance)
We believe that diversity makes us a stronger firm and look to employ people with different ideas, styles and skillsets. This diversity stimulates a rich, creative environment - one in which our people develop, and our clients enjoy enduring results. We're committed to recruiting, promoting and rewarding our people solely based on their ability to contribute to PA's goals, without regard to their sex, race, disability, religion, national origin, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.
We welcome international applications, but we are unable to offer sponsorship for work permits, so you will need to have the full right to live and work in the UK. Unfortunately, your application will be automatically rejected if you do not have these rights.