Senior Associate Statutory Accounts Cardiff
A career in our Accounts Preparation practice, within External Audit services, will provide you with the opportunity to provide a range of Assurance services and business advice to a variety of clients from small, fast growing clients to large entities. Our clients are often well known brands and many have broad international reach. We focus on using the latest technology to reduce the level of manual testing ensuring you'll focus on the most valuable areas of client service and on enhancing corporate governance and the reliability of our clients' information.
Our team helps organisations lay a solid framework for their internal account procedures and systems. We focus on supporting the development and maintenance of our clients accounting books and records system, preparation of annual financial statements, and annual audit assistance.
The passion of our people, combined with access to the latest technology, helps us deliver the highest quality audits and build trust in society. We pride ourselves on our global reputation as a trusted place to do business, whilst giving our people access to the best opportunities and lots of variety through your home team, internal secondments and international assignment.
Job Description Our primary role is to produce high quality statutory accounts. However, as time progresses your role will become a lot more varied, because both the audit teams and clients rely on you as a point of contact for accounting advice. As you are exposed to a large number of varied companies your technical knowledge will increase significantly.
You will work with auditors, other lines of service, our delivery centre and the client themselves as part of the service delivery. In time, you will also support new and junior members of the team, including initial training, reviewing and ad hoc questions.
You will be based in our Cardiff office and will work as a team member within our dedicated Statutory Accounts Preparation team.
Responsibilities As a Senior Associate, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers with extensive consulting and industry experience, helping our clients solve their complex business issues from strategy to execution. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to
- Proactively assist in the management of several clients, while reporting to Managers and above
- Train and lead staff
- Establish effective working relationships directly with clients
- Contribute to the development of your own and team's technical acumen
- Keep up to date with local and national business and economic issues
- Be actively involved in business development activities to help identify and research opportunities on new/existing clients
- Continue to develop internal relationships and your PwC brand
- Additional Job Description
- ACA/ACCA/ICAS qualification or equivalent
- Experience of financial accounting and reporting
- The ability to learn quickly
- Strong project management skills
- The ability to work effectively in a team, building good working relationships with both colleagues and client personnel at all levels.
- Experienced in coaching junior staff.
- Passion for quality.
- Experience of working to client deadlines