Senior Trust Officer, EBTs & Pension Administration - Other job functions Guernsey - Great Britain
Description of the business line or department
Employee incentive schemes include such structures as employee share schemes, share trusts, defined contribution pension schemes, defined benefit pension schemes, bonus awards etc.
The incumbent will take part in the day-to-day operation of the team, which administers a variety of these entities and ensures that these meet all of the relevant regulatory requirements. Summary
- To administer the day to day activities for a portfolio of varied and sometimes complex entities, ensuring that operational standards and controls are complied with.
- To formulate solutions to client issues.
- To take ownership and responsibility for all aspects of the allocated client portfolio and relationships.
- To assist with the training, supervision and mentoring of more junior members of the team.
Profile Required Competencies
- Deliver quality client administration within client expectations, the timeframes required (internal and/or external) and in accordance with undertakings to clients, the policies and procedures in place as well as any legal or regulatory requirements
- Identify issues and proactively formulate solutions for consideration by the management team
- Liaise with clients, advisors, intermediaries, and other stakeholders both internal and external
- Comply with local legislation and departmental/SG Group procedures
- Ensure that own workload is processed efficiently and completed in accordance with established deadlines
- Assist in delivering internal and external projects as required by the business
- Debtor control and fee preparation for own clients
- Assist in motivating, training and the development of the junior administrators, whilst continuing to improve own ability and performance
- Provide clear direction when delegating tasks, and maintain oversight and control over such tasks
Education/Professional Qualifications required or desirable Required:
- Good understanding of the relevant laws of the Jersey and Guernsey jurisdictions.
- Thorough understanding of the features of the different types of employee incentive structures
- Understand the duties of the Administrator
- Extensive working knowledge of Microsoft packages including Excel, Outlook, and Word
- Excellent numeracy skills
- Ability to understand routine and bespoke documents, and critically evaluate financial statements
- Ability to deal with conflicting demands under pressure
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills (oral and written)
- Problem solving
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Client focus
- Follow up
- Planning and organisational skills
- Relationship building
Experience within the Finance industry
- JFSC Category B employee, or well on the way to achieving this
- Minimum of 4 years working experience within the Corporate Finance industry, specialising in Employee Incentive Services
- JFSC Table 4 qualification ie. ICSA Diploma, STEP Practitioner, ACCA or ACA
6 years working experience within the wider Finance industry Why Join Us
If you feel you have the required experience and qualifications, then please apply to the SG Resourcing Team, and we will manage your application. At Societe Generale, we believe our people are our strength and are core to the success of our business. As such, we search for, recruit and appoint the best available person on the basis of aptitude and ability, regardless of sex, marital or civil partnership status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, pregnancy, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, belief or gender reassignment Business Insight
People join for the impact they can have on us. They stay for the impact we have on them. A flatter structure offers visibility and exposure beyond that of our competitors, so you know our names, and we know yours. It's personable, human, and inspires success through passion. By encouraging open mindedness and a willingness to share ideas, we have adapted to market changes and thrived through innovation. Bringing words like "hard work" and "dedication" together with "community" and "respect" has enabled us to work collaboratively and build our future together. We call this Team Spirit and it's what makes us different. It's what makes you different.
All our positions are open to people with disabilities
Job code: 19000JY9
Business unit: Kleinwort Hambros
Starting date: Immediate
Date of publication: 12/08/2019