About Columbia Threadneedle Investments
You'll find the promise we make to our clients is the same one we make to our employees: Your success is our priority.
Here, you'll find growth and career opportunities across all our businesses. We're intentionally built to help you succeed. Our reach is expansive with a global team of 2,000 people working together. Our expertise is diverse with more than 450 investment professionals sharing global perspectives across all major asset classes and markets. Our clients have access to a broad array of investment strategies and we have the capability to build tailored solutions matched to clients' specific requirements.
Columbia Threadneedle is a people business and we recognise that our success is due to our talented and dedicated people, who bring diversity of thought, complementary skills and capabilities. We are committed to providing an inclusive work environment that supports the diversity of our employees and reflects our broader communities and client-base. We encourage applications from returners to the industry.
We appreciate that work-life balance is an important factor for many when considering their next move so please discuss any flexible working requirements directly with your recruiter. Job Purpose Statement
To accurately maintain all aspects of the Sales Ledger including accruals, recording of sales invoices and action of credit control procedures. Posting of cash receipts on a timely basis and preparation of bank and balance sheet reconciliations. Role Responsibilities Where you'll fit in & what our team goals are....
Key Capabilities How you'll spend your time....
- Ensure the accurate recording of income of all group companies within the SUN accounting system.
- Timeous receipt of debtors.
- Preparation of internal and external reports when required.
- Posting of cash receipts and completion of bank reconciliations at month end.
Desired Capabilities If you also had this, it would be great....
- Prepare and issue invoices to clients in respect of various fees and recoverable expenses on a monthly and quarterly basis.
- Record sales invoices in the SUN accounting system.
- Calculation and posting of accurate accruals for month end as per timetable
- Review debtors' ledger on a monthly basis and take action as necessary in respect of aged trade debtors.
- Posting of cash receipts on a daily/weekly basis
- Assist in month end procedure by reconciling bank statement per timetable
- Assist in the review of Revenue against budget or forecast, to ensure completeness and accuracy of invoicing and to contribute variance analysis to monthly Finance Report
- Assist in preparation of monthly/quarterly balance sheet reconciliations
- Identification of CASS Client Money positions and resolution if necessary.
- Experience within Finance Industry preferred
- Knowledge/experience of computerised accounting systems (ideally SUN accounting system)
- Knowledge/experience of reconciling bank accounts and initiating appropriate nominal ledger posting