Description About this role
GAAPS Alternatives | Associate Client Services | Edinburgh About BlackRock
Elevate your career by joining the world's largest asset manager! Thrive in an environment that fosters positive relationships and recognises outstanding performance! We know you want to feel valued every single day and be recognised for your contribution. At BlackRock, we strive to empower our employees and effectively engage your involvement in our success. With over USD $10 trillion of assets we have an outstanding responsibility: our technology and services empower millions of investors to save for retirement, pay for college, buy a home and improve their financial well-being.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified individuals without regard to race, colour, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock Alternative Investors (BAI) is one of the top five largest alternative asset managers in the world. We are active in all asset classes and connect them in ways other firms can't match, organizationally aligning under a single leadership across products and adhering to a common operating process across the assets consisting of real estate, infrastructure, credit, private equity and hedge funds. Our scale means we offer expertise and access unique to BlackRock, and you'll collaborate with teams across our firm in unexpected ways.
As part of a key growth engine for the firm, you'll be invited to continue building the platform that is shaping the future of Alts investing by inventing and evolving innovative tech solutions on a team that continuously outperforms - setting new standards. Grow your career with the firm that's building tomorrow's alternatives platform, backed by a purpose that drives positive outcomes for clients and the communities we serve.
The Alternatives Client Services team support all of BlackRock's privately placed alternatives products, including private credit, private equity, real asset funds and hedge funds and fund of hedge funds from the time of investor onboarding throughout the life cycle of the fund. The team are primarily responsible for investor onboarding, report distribution, transfer agency oversight and investor queries as well as internal and external reporting and client data management.
Role Responsibilities and daily tasks may include:
- Managing the client onboarding process including subscription document review and AML/KYC coordination. This also includes partnering with the transfer agencies for the proper sign off ahead of the fund closing.
- Liaising with the Product Strategy and Sales Teams on the client pipeline throughout the offering period for the fund and providing updates on the status of onboarding.
- Coordinate and track document updates with BlackRock Legal and outside counsel. Ensure team is working with approved materials and that distribution process is functioning properly.
- Handle and maintain electronic and hard copy filing systems of legal/contract documents
- Coordinate account level reporting and distributions to clients (i.e. monthly, quarterly, and annually).
- Coordinate cash flow management with clients and portfolio managers (e.g. contributions, redemptions, capital calls/distributions and product updates with clients). Track and handle client cash flow activity within proprietary trading system.
- Client on-boarding, account set up, and data management. Assist with building client accounts within client tracking and share registry system. Create client profiles and investor attribute universe.
- Ensure integrity of communications tools through data entry and maintenance. Deploy exception reporting within client data universe and perform regular analysis to ensure integrity/preservation.
- Transfer Agent/Administrator oversight and quality control. Work with our 3rd parties to create transparency between BlackRock and vendors and ensure a positive client experience.
- Investigate and resolve day to day operational queries, issues and incidents across the entire range of Alts Funds serviced by the team
- Conduct root cause analysis for operational problem and ensuring appropriate remedial steps are clearly defined and assigned to mitigate risks.
- Identify opportunities in processes or workflow to reduce operational risk and create scale.
- Participate in periodic reviews and updates to the operating model/service level documentation.
- Responsibility for monitoring the performance of the service provider
- Conduct annual due diligence / health check visits on providers issuing formal findings documents as appropriate.
- Assisting management and senior leaders with any ad hoc / project work competencies:
- Excellent communicator with strong influencing skills together with an ability to build and maintain relationships both internally and externally.
- Strong leader who develops a positive working environment to find ways to partner and effectuate a coordinated approach to tasks.
- Manage time effectively to prioritize workloads and adhere to deadlines
- 4-8 years' experience in a dynamic, deadline orientated, operational/ client service role
- Alternatives and/or onboarding experience is desirable
- High attention to detail, ability to focus and take ownership of tasks until completion
- The successful applicant will be self-motivated, proactive and able to change directions quickly
- Software skills shall include a strong background in Word and Excel and an aptitude for working within proprietary databases.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing, at all levels
- Ability to manage his/ her own workload, multi-task, balance multiple and conflicting priorities and meet deadlines in a fast-paced and changing environment
- Able to grasp complex concepts and details quickly
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to identify problems and issues, work actively with others to resolve them and raise issues appropriately
- Prepared to take initiative, work flexibly to help the team achieve its goals, and respond positively to change.
- Takes responsibility for the completion of own work in accordance with agreed processes and to the highest standards of quality and timeliness
- Demonstrates team spirit, is prepared to assist colleagues and perform tasks that do not usually fall within their responsibilities.
- Ensures accurate record keeping of work and shows excellent organisational skills
- Has a good understanding of the Finance industry and with a willingness to learn.
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of employee benefits including: retirement investment and tools designed to help you in building a sound financial future; access to education reimbursement; comprehensive resources to support your physical health and emotional well-being; family support programs; and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. Our hybrid work model
BlackRock's current hybrid work model is designed to enable in-person connections and collaboration that is core to our culture, while supporting increased flexibility for all employees. In line with local health guidance and regulations, employees are required to work at least 3 days in the office each week, with the flexibility to work from home up to 2 days a week. Some business groups may require more time in the office due to their roles and responsibilities. The health, safety and well-being of our people will always be our top priorities; we will continue to monitor local conditions and health advisories in making decisions about our work environments. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to age, disability, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation and other protected characteristics at law.