The Requirements Join us in Edinburgh as a DevOps Engineer
What you'll do
- You'll be responsible for demonstrating DevOps technical practices, mentoring, coaching teams, and demonstrating how to measure, understand and visualise the flow and delivery of value through the adoption of DevOps tools, technologies, techniques, patterns, and processes from inception through to technical implementation and delivery
- You'll be involved in the early stages with a newly developed team within network services, creating automation for customers so they can easily consume network services
- This is an opportunity to get involved in establishing a new function, collaborating with other teams and to be at the forefront of developing new exciting services
As a DevOps Engineer, you'll work in compliance with the policies and standards of the Agility, DevOps and adjacent centre of excellences (CoE) and enable teams to focus on the continuous delivery of value. You'll be working within feature teams, platforms, domains and CoE initiatives as active engineers, practitioners, mentors and coaches.
You'll be assessing platform and feature teams current levels of DevOps technical capability, utilising the DevOps CoE standard capability model, in order to identify capability gaps and support teams to lose critical gaps and drive continuous improvement and understanding of DevOps and Agile principles and ways of working.
You'll also be:
The skills you'll need
- Contributing to building the DevOps engineering capability, culture and mind sets within the organisation
- Securing strong buy in to DevOps methodologies from the Product Owner, Platform Lead and other key business stakeholders to drive commitment to an alternative way of working driving increased proficiency and ultimately leading to improved customer outcomes
- Coaching and mentoring the team to higher levels of DevOps capability, to drive continuous improvements and deliver enhancing the end customer experience
- Supporting the set up of DevOps methodologies and tools within the team and demonstrating technical implementation
To succeed in this role, you'll need experience of enterprise continuous integration and continuous development, such as gitlab. You'll be a very capable communicator with the ability to communicate and teach complex technical concepts to your peers and management level colleagues, with good collaboration and stakeholder management skills, along with experience working in an Agile or Scrum environment at an enterprise level.
You'll also need:
How we'll reward you
- Experience of network administration
- Knowledge of cloud infrastructure, such as AWS or MS Azure
- A willingness to continually learn and evolve with the latest knowledge, concepts and best practice around DevOps methodologies
- Knowledge of virtualisation, including VM Ware and Cisco ACI
In return, we offer a competitive salary and you'll also join our retirement savings plan. You can also choose from a selection of protection, healthcare or lifestyle extras from RBSelect, our fully flexible reward programme.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer. Inclusion
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we'll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more .