Finance Manager (28-35hrs)
FINANCE MANAGER, EDINBURGH (£30,000 - £35,000)
An opportunity has arisen with one of our clients in Edinburgh, who are now looking to appoint the newly created role of Finance Manager. The business is continuously evolving and as a result, this has led to there now being a need for additional resource and greater strength and depth within their Finance function. This appointment will play a key role in supporting the Financial Controller in a wide mix of financial reporting deliverables, whilst also overseeing the work of some of the more junior members of the team, and will very much play the role of 2nd in command to the Financial Controller.
Core areas of responsibility within the role:
• Producing monthly management accounts and relevant Group reporting
• Participate in the budget and re-forecasting processes
• Produce balance sheet reconciliations for review
• Assist with the ongoing development, documentation and implementation of financial controls across the team/business
• Prepare weekly sales flash reporting
• Produce quarterly VAT returns for review
• Provide suitable guidance and support to the wider Finance team
Who will be suitable for the role?
Quite a broad spectrum of candidates to be honest, and could be those who are qualified, part-qualified or qualified by experience. The key requirement for our client is the simple need to be able to get the sleeves rolled up within the role, with the ability to add value and provide key support across the Finance function as a whole.
In order to be considered though you will:
• Have the ability to come in and hit the ground running, with a can do attitude
• Experienced in the preparation and delivery of management accounts
• Ability to identify and improve financial processes and controls
• Lead by example at all times, providing suitable support and guidance to team members
• Ability to multi-task and prioritise workloads
• Experienced Excel user - essential
• Excellent / confident communications skills are a must
Team fit will also be a key part of the decision making process, as you'll be joining a close knit team and indeed business. Our client is also open to a flexible working arrangement, and could be anything from 28-35hrs p/week.
We would ask that interested parties submit a full CV to Ross Gunn at Change Recruitment at the earliest opportunity. No closing date has been set as yet and applications will be managed on a first come basis.