The Requirements Join us in Edinburgh as an Infrastructure Engineer
What you'll do
- This role will see you providing stakeholder technical support, advice and guidance to meet team requirements
- You'll be working on puppet development of the Linux server builds and Satellite Server patch sets
- This role offers variety as well as the opportunity to develop your skills
You'll be reporting into the Linux Engineer, responsible for delivering against the infrastructure technology roadmap and the development of new standard, global services to support the business and application requirements. You'll be collaborating and influencing with colleagues and stakeholders across the bank and third party suppliers on the Linux platform, making sure recommendations are in line with policy. You'll also be acting as a central point of customer contact and third level support which will include providing specialist knowledge to the RBS server build framework.
As well as this, you'll be:
The skills you'll need
- Continuously evaluating productivity and identifying initiatives for service improvement
- Communicating results to your stakeholders
- Implementing and maintaining security and auditing best practice
- Mentoring and developing junior team members to satisfy the expected deliverables in line with changing requirements
We're looking for someone with experience of RedHat Enterprise Linux OS versions 5,6 and 7, with strong scripting skills and experience with Puppet or Ansible. You'll have effective communication and influencing skills with the ability to interact with stakeholders at all levels.
You'll be able to deliver results within set timescales, and you'll have experience of working within similar large corporate environments. Along with Agile experience including toolsets such as Jira, Confluence and Bitbucket, you'll have an appreciation of supporting complex systems across multiple environments.
In addition to this, you'll demonstrate:
How we'll reward you
- Excellent infrastructure knowledge, including virtual and high-availability solutions
- An understanding of risk and change processes
- Experience working in large, complex organisations
- Experience with Puppet, bash scripting, Satellite, Python and HP Hardware
- Experience using JIRA, Confluence, BitBucket and ServiceDesk
- Knowledge of virtual or hardware platform fundamentals
In return, we offer a competitive salary and you'll also join our retirement savings plan. You can also choose from a selection of protection, healthcare or lifestyle extras from RBSelect, our fully flexible reward programme.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer. Inclusion
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we'll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more . The Competencies
This role will be assessed against the Critical People Capabilities framework
- Improver Innovator: Foundation+
- Change Ready: Proficient
- Critical Thinker: Foundation+
- Connected: Foundation+
- Trusted Advisor: Foundation+
: Appointed Contact
: Please contact Shirley Hair ( email@example.com ) for further information