See job description for details
The Requirements Join us in Edinburgh as an Infrastructure Engineer
What you'll do
- This is a fantastic opportunity for an Infrastructure Engineer to work in a new and innovative area of technology
- You'll be joining the team in its infancy, so you'll have the chance to influence how this new area of technology is set up within the business
- It's a fast moving environment which requires continuous learning, so you can build new skills while honing your existing ones
This is a senior Infrastructure Engineer position, where you'll be working across the wider cloud team but have specialism in an individual area, such as IaaS, PaaS, CaaS or public cloud technologies. You'll develop and implement core infrastructure technologies, products and services against customer and non-functional requirements, making sure these are optimised for Total Cost of Ownership.
You'll have a strong product focus, engineering products using DevOps ways of working and modern practices such as Infrastructure as Code, CI/CD pipelines and being accessed via APIs. Your products will be developed to be consumed as a Service, so they are repeatable, simple and cost effective.
The skills you'll need
- Translate customer requirements and convert these into the breakdown of technical work tasks to be agreed on during sprint planning to ensure expectations are clear
- Work at the Technology Domain and Platform level to define, engineer and integrate infrastructure products, creating solutions and tooling for build and deployment automation
- Innovate and experiment with technology and demonstrate the value of this to wider groups
- Provide Level 3 operational support of your technologies, and assist other infrastructure teams in the event of major incidents or complex technical issues
- Support the Product Owner with the production and ongoing management of infrastructure roadmaps
You'll need strong technical experience preferably with a background in at least one of the following technologies, IaaS, PaaS, CaaS or Cloud Technologies. There will be the opportunity to train in all of these areas to support the wider team.
You'll also need:
How we'll reward you
- An understanding of Agile methodologies with experience of working in an Agile team
- An understanding of DevOps mind-set, collaboration, automation and tooling
- The ability to work in a multi-disciplined matrix team
- The ability to coach less experienced engineers in the team and support their learning
In return, we offer a competitive salary and you'll also join our retirement savings plan. You can also choose from a selection of protection, healthcare or lifestyle extras from RBSelect, our fully flexible reward programme.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer. Inclusion
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we'll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more .