Performance & Risk Analyst
Description Job Purpose:
- Primary Location: United Kingdom,Scotland,Edinburgh
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Transaction Processing
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: No
- Job ID: 19026580
The Analyst operates within Citi's Global Middle Office, and is responsible for a range of regular client deliveries. The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring that all client and regulatory deliverables are met and system and process improvements are implemented effectively. The Analyst is also responsible for ensuring that appropriate operational processes and controls are effective across data deliveries. Citi is transitioning through a period of significant growth, and the successful candidate will have the opportunity to play an active role in driving the shape the business. Process improvement would also be looked upon favourably.
Job Background / Context:
Global Fund Services is the center of operations and services to Global Middle Office, investment accounting, performance, risk and reporting clients. It has key outsourcing clients and a growing book of clients receiving Middle Office services, and there is now a requirement to recruit an experienced Performance and Risk Analyst to support the growing team.
We are looking to recruit a candidate with a strong background and significant experience of performance analytics, calculation, contribution, attribution and ex-ante risk analytics.
The individual will be a member of a growing team locally that oversees an extended team offshore, and have regular interaction with regional peers in relation to performance services and global initiatives. Client ownership is key with a requirement to professionally service clients to a high standard and participate in strategic initiatives and change.
- Ensure that all client deliveries are met to agreed service level agreements and regulatory requirements. .
- Ensure communication with the clients, both internal and external, is effective.
- Investigation and resolution of complex queries and client queries in a timely manner.
- Ensuring that offshore and onshore teams are trained to a high standard and are kept up to date with change.
- Ensure feedback is given to the offshore team in the form of calls/issue logs to help keep accuracy levels high and quickly resolve issues.
- Work with leads on internal strategic initiatives and process improvements; work with regional partners to ensure a common approach.
- Develop good, pro-active relationships with all internal and external customers.
- Working closely with other relevant operational and product peers to ensure that process risks are minimised.
- Look for opportunities for efficiencies.
- Opportunity to work in a dynamic and growing business with potential for future growth
- Opportunity to work with a highly proficient team in a rapidly changing environment.
- Opportunity to develop industry knowledge, communication and management skills.
- Develop relationships with colleagues across the wider business, globally
- Opportunity to develop the oversight model for an offshore team.
- Significant knowledge of performance analytics methodologies and ex-ante risk analytics
- Experience in a Performance and Risk function within an Asset Management or Servicing firm
- Previous experience working in an asset management environment with pricing, data and investment accounting experience
- FactSet, B One or Statpro experience would be an advantage
- Communication skills
- Ability to deliver to deadlines
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Highly numerate
- Pragmatism combined with a can-do attitude
- A high energy level and an enquiring mind
- Bachelor's degree
- IAQ, CIPM, IMC or equivalent
- Client focused
- Responsible for actions
- Structured and organised
- Ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce. Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organisational success.
Citi is an Equal Opportunities Employer