See job description for details
The Requirements Join us in Edinburgh as a Scrum Master
What you'll do
- This high profile role is aligned to Enterprise Engineering (EE), providing solutions and capabilities that service the engineers as a whole across the bank
- You'll be at the very heart of that capability, being able to service that community across the bank
- This is an opportunity to be involved in continuous improvement within EE practice and platforms, pushing the boundaries and leading the way in cloud, and setting the tone for the organisation
Working in an Agile environment, you'll be leading the team in the ways of the Scrum, fostering collaboration and ensuring the team performs at the highest level. You'll be leading and coaching a project team to deliver great results, through the use of Agile and Scrum techniques. This will involve embedding Scrum practices, driving improvements in the way the team works and fostering a collaborative, trusting, self-organising and high performing team culture.
The focus will be on delivering great project outcomes through regular sprints. You'll be using your planning expertise to anticipate and resolve problems and handle multiple project components. In the process, you'll be ensuring that everything develops in line with agreed goals, costs and time scales.
Your responsibilities will include:
The skills you'll need
- Acting as process owner for the team, and maintaining the relationship with the project's key stakeholder
- Coaching the team to higher levels of Agile and Scrum maturity, and helping them define their ways of working
- Facilitating discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution
- Facilitating reviews, retrospectives, scrum meetings and planning meetings
- Building relationships with product owners and stakeholders
We're looking for an experienced Scrum Master with a Scrum Master certification, such as a CSM, PSM or CSP. You'll need Agile experience, with experience of changing old organisational mind-sets and ways of working. In addition, you'll need the ability to run multiple tasks in parallel, as well as good interpersonal skills.
We'll look to you to demonstrate:
How we'll reward you
- Knowledge of modern development practices and tools, and the enthusiasm to keep up to speed and share your expertise
- A deep understanding of the Agile principles
- Experience of coaching cross-functional teams into high performing teams
- An understanding and experience of applying empirical process control
- Experience of automated testing frameworks
In return, we offer a competitive salary and you'll also join our retirement savings plan. You can also choose from a selection of protection, healthcare or lifestyle extras from RBSelect, our fully flexible reward programme.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer. Inclusion
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we'll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more .