- Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Lloyds Banking Group
- 21 Feb 19
21 February 2019
£40,869 - £45,410
Job Description Summary
Scottish Widows are embarking on a journey to create an excellent experience for our General Insurance and Protection customers through our newly initiated value streams.
Our aim is to create a forward-thinking engineering culture that will push boundaries to support the business in delivering high quality, efficient and impactful outcomes for customers across the Scottish Widows digital estate.
We are active partners in a number of accelerator communities including Startupbootcamp, Accenture Fintech Labs, Codebase and Fintech Scotland. These Innovation partnerships allow us to work collaboratively with start-ups on experiments across a range of disruptive technologies.
Recent use cases in 2018 include IoT smart home devices to support risk reduction, AI predictive Underwriting, on demand Insurance with dynamic pricing and Health and Wellbeing apps to drive customer engagement.
Your role as a Service Engineer is important in the future of our Protection service. You'll be able to shape the way we deploy and manage services using cutting edge technology. As part of this transformation we are introducing tooling that allows Scottish Widows to continuously monitor the Full Stack of Web Clients and applications, using tools such as App Dynamics, Dynatrace & Splunk.
On a day to day basis, this will mean being part of an engineering team who will:
- Introduce to service new software solutions for Scottish Widows
- Manage a service continuous improvement pipeline of work
- Live support and technical oversight capabilities.
- Look to assist in solution designs through an operational lens.
- Manage any known service problems via ServiceNow and raise risks where appropriate.
As a Service Engineer you will be expected to demonstrate and apply exemplary service engineering practices and skills, whilst working in a collaborative and agile environment.
What you'll do:
- You'll be accountable for delivery of live service to LBG customers through our business units.
- You'll own service delivery of projects and continuous improvement pipeline
- Work with Dev/Ops Value Streams to ensure technical roadmap understood for systems. Actively involvement of ideas & tools that contribute to the Dev/Ops roadmap.
- Build capability across colleagues, partners and other suppliers to ensure delivery of services to support LBG business strategy.
- Optimise the total cost of ownership of systems through new solutions / tooling where appropriate.
- Sound decision-making abilities when faced with complex demands and issues that can, and will, arise throughout delivery of services
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills with high attention to detail.
- A strong understanding of SQL, (ideally Oracle or MS SQL Server).
- Identify, develop and implement new IT strategies and ways of working using available best practice and introducing new solutions/tooling where appropriate - work with suppliers and IT to determine, select and implement solutions/projects, ensuring all processes are operationally sound, reliable and resilient
- Establish and maintain relationships with the different departments - identify support issues & opportunities for improving processes
- Work with IT and external partners to resolve incidents
- Ensure appropriate service documentation & agreed processes are followed.
- Strong knowledge of the software development life-cycle from design, build to production
- Service Management background, particularly in the areas of Incident and Problem Management.
- knowledge of Service Introduction processes, their implementation and the various ways to apply them in an Agile environments
- Orchestration & maintenance of cloud hosting solutions such as AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform
- Experience in the use of Micro Services web architectures
If this is you, we'd love to hear from you. Join us and be part of an inclusive, values-led culture focused on making a difference.
Whatever your aspiration, you can also expect excellent benefits (see below), personal development and a career that's enriching and full of opportunity.
Benefits (in addition to base salary):
- Car or car allowance of up to £4,080 per year
- Discretionary bonus between 15-30% of base pay
- Cash sum of 4% base salary which you can exchange for a variety of benefits or simply take the cash
- Private Medical Insurance
- Pension, where we will contribute up to a max of 13%
- Share plans
- 30 days holiday
At Lloyds Banking Group, we're driven by a clear purpose; to help Britain prosper. Across the Group, our colleagues are focused on making a difference to customers, businesses and communities. With us you'll have a key role to play in shaping the financial services of the future, whilst the scale and reach of our Group means you'll have many opportunities to learn, grow and develop.
We're focused on creating a values-led culture and are committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve. Together we're building a truly inclusive workplace where all of our colleagues have the opportunity to make a real difference.