- Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Prudential plc
Service Reliabiity Engineer
- Full time
- Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
- 18 Mar 19
Service Reliabiity EngineerWe're making a series of significant changes across the Wealth Solutions business of Prudential UK as part of our contribution to make M&G Prudential the best loved and most successful savings and investments business. These changes are part of our strategy to modernise Prudential UK so that we can regain our reputation for innovation, reduce costs and become a truly digital business.
A DevOps Engineer delivers automated software components that form part of a DevOps toolchain. They advance the Engineering community through sharing of best practice and mentoring others.
● Transform technical requirements into DevOps processes
● Collaborate with feature and integration teams to discover and resolve common engineering blockers and impediments
● Manage live test/sandbox environments
Essential - confident practitioner
● Capable of instantiating sandbox/ testing environments and the associated deployment pipelines. DevOps engineers help everyone working on the design, development or maintenance of a product/service has a clear, easily accessible place to review the latest version of the platform components.
● Collaborates with others when necessary to review specifications and uses these agreed specifications to design, code, test and document programmes or scripts of medium to high complexity, using the right standards and tools.
● Provision, build and deploy SaaS, IaaS, and PaaS environments. Understand how to manage capacity and how that impacts on cost.
● Understand the deployment process through which code goes from the version control system to production, and automate this deployment process
● Break down restrictive manual processes such as over-restrictive change management in order to build agile and flexible software systems.
● Sees prototyping as a team activity, actively soliciting prototypes and testing with others. Establishes design patterns and iterates them. Knows a variety of methods of prototyping and chooses the most appropriate ones.
Complementary - working knowledge
● Identifies and engages with users or stakeholders to collate user needs evidence and understands and defines research which fits user needs. Able to use quantitative and qualitative data about users to turn user focus into outcomes.
● Translates logical designs into physical designs. Produces detailed designs and documents all work using required standards, methods and tools, including prototyping tools where appropriate. Designs systems characterised by managed levels of risk, manageable business and technical complexity and meaningful impact. Works with well-understood technology and identifies appropriate patterns.
● Able to build and test simple interfaces between systems, or can work on more complex integration as part of a wider team.
● Set up and use a version control system and code management technologies for collaboration, review and management of projects.
● Experience working in fast paced agile environments
● Experience working in cross functional teams
● Experience contributing to, and achieving, continuous improvement goals
● Communicate effectively in order to facilitate working meetings, using techniques such as active listening and negotiation. Tailor communication style to suit both face-to-face and virtual settings including web meetings and conference calls.
At Prudential we work hard to create an environment that enables everyone to flourish and we actively encourage diversity across the business.
We also understand that your working pattern may need to be tailored to suit you - please let us know if you'd like to discuss a flexible working arrangement.