The Requirements Join us in Edinburgh as a Software Engineer
What you'll do
- You'll design and develop state of the art applications and services for Strategic Account Opening (SAO)
- SAO is a key digital transformational programme which aims to deliver enhanced customer experience across a variety of channels using a number of current technologies
- Work with the latest technologies and hone your technical expertise in a collaborative, Agile and forward thinking team environment
- As well as developing your technical talents you'll have the opportunity to build project and leadership skills which will open up a range of exciting career options
We'll look to you to understand the SAO requirements in the form of user stories and undertake appropriate server side design and development activities, working in conjunction with other development team members, in both the UK and India, and UX designers. In addition the role will interface with the SAO testing team to support the appropriate phases of testing.
You'll also be:
The skills you'll need
- Responsible for the low level design and coding of the SAO Java microservices based on business needs
- Collaborating with both technical and business stakeholders when defining and refining requirements
- Participating in Scrum stand-ups, reviews, retrospectives, planning and estimating meetings
- Supporting the testing stages by undertaking appropriate defect resolution and help with triaging
- Undertaking analysis, design, code reviews, task estimation, meeting timelines, testing and code implementations, and participating in stakeholder communication
To succeed in this role, you'll need accomplished design and strong coding skills undertaken in a distributed Agile environment following Scrum methodology. You'll have proven experience as an accomplished server side developer using contemporary technology including the latest version of Java, along with experience of designing interfaces for complex data rich applications for use in scalable environments.
You'll embrace change, and be creative and innovative when applying testing solutions. In addition, you'll have excellent technical and problem solving skills across a variety of platforms, a strong understanding of development team ethics and principles, and experience of working in an Agile environment.
You'll also need:
How we'll reward you
- Expert knowledge of J2EE and Java technologies
- Expert knowledge of Spring and Maven
- Experience with TeamCity and Artefactory
- Experience with working with RESTful or SOAP based web services, JSON or XML
- Excellent knowledge of a wide range of issues that affect server side applications
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
In return, we offer a competitive salary and you'll also join our retirement savings plan. You can also choose from a selection of protection, healthcare or lifestyle extras from RBSelect, our fully flexible reward programme.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer. Inclusion
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we'll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more .