See job description for details
The Requirements We're looking for a Software Engineer (RPA) to join us in Edinburgh
What you'll do
- If you're an experienced and dedicated technical lead, then join us in the Robotic Process Automation (RPA) centre of excellence (COE)
- You'll be working in Business Automation Services (BAS), a friendly, energetic and motivated team within Technology who deliver continuous improvements to our bank-wide RPA platform adopters
- Hone your existing technical skills and advance your career in this exciting, fast paced role
You'll be building the skills and capabilities of RPA delivery teams across multiple locations, both in Technology and the business, as well as collaborating with internal and external partners to lead the definition and delivery of UIPath platform improvements.
The skills you'll need
- Contributing to the development of the RPA CoE best practice, standards, guidelines and tooling
- Building reference deployments and POCs that enable re-use across the bank and support the strategic roadmap and direction of RPA
- Owning and managing a bank wide repository and inventory of strategic/architectural patterns and code for RPA use cases
- Sharing knowledge and collaborating with team members
- Providing development, design support and trouble-shooting to bank-wide RPA delivery teams
You'll need experience of working, hands on, on multiple projects that have successfully delivered RPA solutions as well as a strong background in technology.
You'll also need:
How we'll reward you
- Experience working as a technical developer
- Experience producing or contributing to architectural solution designs and patterns
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- To be highly organised with excellent planning skills
- Experience with Agile software development practices
In return, we offer a competitive salary and you'll also join our retirement savings plan. You can also choose from a selection of protection, healthcare or lifestyle extras from RBSelect, our fully flexible reward programme.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer. Inclusion
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we'll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more .