The Requirements Join us in Edinburgh as a Solution Architect
What you'll do
- You'll be building and supporting the services to our customers within a DevOps team located across Edinburgh, London and India
- Using the Scaled Agile Framework across the bank, you'll be working on multiple projects in the investment portfolio
- This is an opportunity to gain exposure and build a professional network, as you work with third party suppliers within the role
As a Solution Architect within Engage with the Bank, you'll be primarily aligned to a release train, making sure we deliver best-in-class, safe and customer-focused technical high-level solution designs, progressing towards our platform target architecture and digital distribution roadmaps.
You'll also have the opportunity to support the design of features within the customer offerings across Engage with the Bank platform. The platform consists of account opening, customer data management, customer digital messaging and service request journeys that underpin many customer needs across our distribution systems such as online, mobile, branch and telephony.
The skills you'll need
- Collaborate closely with the Customer Journey team, to shape requirements and an industry-leading customer journey, which is supported by our technology
- Work closely with cross-functional feature teams, including collaborating closely with a Release Train Manager, other pan-bank globally distributed design teams, and our implementation teams to deliver high quality change in alignment with the target architecture
- Take ownership of technical design issues and drive to resolution through the production of technical solution designs, which will go through review governance and approval by the appropriate platform or Personal Banking technical design authority
We're looking for someone passionate about software engineering and architecture design, and is driven to deliver customer-focused, best-in-class and safe solution designs. You'll need sound decisioning making for complex technical and business problems. You'll be an analytical thinker, with the ability to build strong relationships across all levels and functions, including the ability to influence, engage and collaborate with a wide range of stakeholders.
You'll have experience working in software engineering, with expertise in requirement analysis, solution design, coding, testing, deployment and prototyping or proof-of-concepts. You'll also have strong business and technical domain knowledge and experience with business, application and data modelling.
You'll also demonstrate:
How we'll reward you
- An understanding of Agile team working, methodologies and tools, particularly working within a Scaled Agile environment
- An understanding of Cloud technologies, such as Amazon Web Services (AWS) or Microsoft Azure
- Strong software engineering skills, including knowledge of object oriented programming such as Java EE or similar
- Previous line management experience, including developing less experienced members of the team
- A financial services background, with experience working with FinTech and customer due diligence
In return, we offer a competitive salary and you'll also join our retirement savings plan. You can also choose from a selection of protection, healthcare or lifestyle extras from RBSelect, our fully flexible reward programme.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer. Inclusion
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we'll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more .