Systems Management Analyst – Tivoli
- Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 19 Mar 19
See job description for details
Join us in Edinburgh as a Systems Management Analyst - Tivoli
- Sitting within our Systems Management Estate team within the wider Enterprise Systems Management function, you'll support with the provision and maintenance of monitoring and event management services and associated technologies
- Joining a team of dedicated specialists, you'll be responsible for delivering second and third line technical support
- You'll be enjoying considerable variety as your remit will cover the provision of infrastructure monitoring, end point management and server discovery technologies for operational teams and projects
What you'll do
This role will see you supporting the activities required to ensure that our platforms run at an optimum level. Working closely with our Engineering team, you'll be ensuring that our products remain current in line with our technical roadmap.
Your responsibilities will also include:
- Supporting and maintaining the strategic monitoring, discovery and end point management tools ITM 6.3, TADDM and Big Fix
- Analysing incident trends to design and implement process changes to improve service availability for Enterprise Systems Management services
- Possessing sufficient knowledge of the technology and its deployment within RBS
- Ensuring any change introduced complies with Change Management standards and meets operational principles
- Providing technical and operational guidance to less experienced members of the team
The skills you'll need
We're looking for someone with proven success in the delivery of high quality, cost effective systems management services in a complex, high availability environment. Along with experience in delivering Tivoli upgrade and migration projects, you'll have a background in large enterprise systems management environments in excess of 20,000 servers.
You'll also demonstrate:
- A good working knowledge of Microsoft Server and Unix operating systems
- The ability to plan and execute workload in a pressurised, dynamic environment.
- A team orientated and customer focus
- The ability to communicate well, both verbally and written in technical and non-technical environments
- Knowledge of IBM Tivoli Products (Framework, DM, ITM, Netcool, TADDM, Big Fix), Windows Operating Systems, Unix Operating Systems and Scripting
- Flexibility and a willingness work a variety of shifts that contribute to our 24/7 cover
You'll also ideally have an awareness of VBScript, PowerShell, Pearl/Python scripting languages, RSA, PKI, Certificates, and Splunk.
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary plus pension funding. In addition, we provide a wide selection of exclusive lifestyle offers, development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we'll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more .
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you'll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.