We are closely partnered with a leading Quantitative Investment Firm focused on computer-driven trading within global financial markets. They are currently expanding their Exeter office and seeking a Leading Python Developer to drive this build-out and lead the execution of this long term project, taking control of this team's development moving forwards.
Their Core Technology Team is responsible for the development of scaling of the firm's proprietary, state-of-the-art technology and data platform to optimise their alpha research. You will be responsible for creating new research datasets before loading them into the platform, as well as enhancing the underlying platform itself. You will be working closely with both team members and end users, gaining full stack data experience and most importantly having immediate company-wide impact.
- Devloping efficient, scalable data and research infrastructure.
- Implement robust workflows for processing structured and unstructured financial datasets.
- Analyse dataset coverage and quality; develop and maintain reusable libraries for data analysis.
- Work closely wth quantitative researchers to extend and utilise the data platform.
Required Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related field.
- Two years professional experience in software or data engineering.
- Programming experience in Python (preferred), Java and/or C++.
- Familiarity with data pipelines, relational databases, and/or SQL.
- Ability to creatively propose and evaluate hypotheses for solving complex problems.