Accounts Manager - Ayr
Change Public Practice are working with a leading Scottish Accountancy Practice in Kilmarnock to assist with the appointment of an Accounts Manager. This role requires approximately 5 years' experience working in an accounts role in a Public Practice firm and strong FRS102 and Xero experience would be highly advantageous. The main requirement for this appointment is previous people management experience and team management skills being one of your key strengths.
This firm is one of the leading Scottish CA Practices who have very exciting growth plans across Scotland which makes this an excellent time to join the business. Aside from the varied role and exciting client base, this firm has an excellent market reputation both internally and externally. The internal culture is something that the leaders are extremely passionate about and they ensure that all members of staff feel valued and that they have a clear development plan and path for progression.
Responsibilities will include:
• Reviewing statutory year-end limited company, partnership and sole trader accounts prepared by junior members of staff
• Review of VAT and corporate tax returns
• Responsible for managing client relationships and assisting junior members of staff with their client portfolio as required
• Ability to identify business development opportunities and develop relationships to attract new clients to the business
• Provide support to the Partners in servicing clients and in the efficient running of the office
• A key responsibility of this role will be to provide support and training to junior members of staff including day-to-day mentoring in addition to regular contraction relating to development and progression and identifying any training requirements
• Assisting clients with financial and cashflow projections, budgeting, forecasting and business planning
• You will be Fully Qualified i.e. ACCA / ICAS, however those who are Qualified-by-Experience will also be considered
• You will have a minimum of 5 years' accountancy experience gained within a Public Practice firm i.e. Big 4, Top 10, Mid-tier CA, Independent CA firm
• Previous team management experience is essential including review of work in addition to staff development
• Some experience of identifying new business opportunities would be desirable but not essential
• Software experience of CCH and Xero would be advantageous