See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture. Department Profile:
Corporate & Funding Technology (CFT) support critical firm functions and business across Morgan Stanley. CFT are focused on driving efficiencies through automation, providing ‘best of breed’ tools and techniques to produce timely, accurate and efficient data. Raising productivity, improve decision making and help Morgan Stanley build a sustainable competitive advantage.
Morgan Stanley is looking for a C# ASP .NET Developer to join the Asia HR Technology team. The Asia HR Technology team is part of International HR Technology team.
You will join a team that is responsible for the development and support of a suite of applications covering employee activities at the firm such as payroll, benefits, coverage and learning.
You will be based in Glasgow with other developers and will work closely with the team in Hong Kong and India, as well as colleagues in EMEA and North America.
This role primarily works with the Asia team and clients in Asia so the working hour is 7:30am to 4:00pm Key Responsibilities:
- Development and maintenance of HR/Payroll applications
- Provide Level 3 support on HR/Payroll applications
- Interface directly with business users to gather requirements on new systems and enhancement of existing systems
- Produce documentation such as business requirements, functional specifications, UAT test plan/test cases, design specifications
- Collaborate with support teams on QA testing activities and production support.
- Involvement in full development lifecycle of projects
- Ensure that all work is in compliance with firm technology risk and development standards, processes and policies
- Work with global HR and HRIT teams on global initiatives Qualifications: Skills Required:
- Strong hands-on development experience in C# ASP .NET. Java web experience will also be considered.
- Working knowledge of both Windows and Linux environment
- Extensive hands-on experience with SQL on Sybase or Microsoft SQL Server.
- Good understanding of Agile and DevOps Software Development Lifecycles
- Working knowledge of unit testing
- Willing to learn new technologies (e.g. programming languages, development methodology and tools)
- Detail oriented, self-starter who is able to work independently with minimum supervision
- Problem solving, risk assessment and lateral thinking ability Skills Desired:
- Domain knowledge in HR/Payroll technology, especially experience with managing and implementing enterprise-wide HR systems
- Knowledge of scripting languages e.g. Bash, Python, Perl
- Knowledge/experience of Workday Interested in flexible working opportunities? Morgan Stanley empowers employees to have greater freedom of choice through flexible working arrangements. Speak to our recruitment team to find out more.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximize their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents. #LI-FM1