Cyber Software Developer
- Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 20 May 19
Cyber Software Developer
JP Morgan Chase operates in over 100 marketsserving millions of customers, business, and clients (corporate, institutional,and government). It holds $18 trillionof assets under custody and manages $393 billion in deposits every day. As a member of the Application Classificationand Protection team you will build trust with our customers to innovate anddevelop next generation solutions to protect our systems and data across thebusiness. You will design and engineersoftware that will enable our business to meet the changing security standardswhile setting the strategic direction for how to support the business longterm. To be successful you will need toconnect with a global network of technologists from around the world to applyyour skills to solve mission critical problems while embracing new technologiesand methodologies. Along the way youwill develop skills with a wide range of technologies including distributedsystems, cloud infrastructure, and cybersecurity concepts and methodologies (encryption,tokenization, masking, and other data protection techniques).
The world of Cybersecurity involves adapting to aconstantly changing world; as part of this team you will be thinking both howto solve problems in the now and also for the next generation of threats. JP Morgan Chase invests $9.5B+ annually intechnology and you would be one of 40k+ technologists who innovate in how thefirm builds initiatives like big data, machine learning, and mobile/clouddevelopment. We want people likeyourself to create innovative solutions that will not only transform thefinancial services industry, but also change the world.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities,including:
- Experiencedeveloping with Java, C# (or similar Object-Oriented languages) or
- Knowledgeand experience designing and building large scale and high availability systems
- Experienceutilizing operational tools and monitoring solutions that ensure the health andsecurity of our services.
- experience developing enterprise software or Masters' degree in ComputerScience or equivalent degree)
Experience in one or more of the following preferred:
- Working knowledge of Spring Framework (Core, Boot,MVC)
- Working knowledge of RDBMS and NOSQL technologies
- Workingwithin an agile development methodology (Kanban, Scrum, etc.)
- Experiencewith continuous delivery and deployment.
- Experience assessing of data protection approaches,requirements, and activities
- Understanding of cryptography, masking,tokenization or other data protection technologies and their impact to theapplication
- Knowledge of system security vulnerabilities andremediation techniques, including penetration testing and the development ofexploits
- Experience developing software using continuous integration/deploymentpipeline that includes vendor solutions
- Experience in next generation platforms such ascloud, PaaS, mobile, and big data
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the uniqueskills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization thatthrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development,and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to buildyour career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges thatimpact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meetyou.
JPMorgan Chase & Co. is an equal opportunityemployer.