See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Department and Team Profile:
A core Java developer is required to support the Delta One Structured Products IT group. This is a global front-office team that supports the global OTC Equity Swap Portfolio, Single Name, and Index derivative businesses.
We are designing a complete restructure of the Equity Swaps trading platform, and this particular role is within the core cashflow and valuations area. The role will require the candidate to work closely with the cashflow engines team to solve problems that combines both finance and technology. This is an exciting hands-on role for a self-starter who has a thirst for new challenges as well as new technologies. Role Responsibilities:
We are looking for someone to help own problems and be able to demonstrate leadership and responsibility for the delivery of new features. As part of the development cycle, you would be expected to write quality unit tests, supply documentation if relevant for new feature build outs, and be involved in the test cycle (UAT, integration, regression) for the delivery and fixing of bugs for your new features.
Although the role is predominantly Java, we require someone who is flexible with the development environment, as some days you might be writing Java, and other days you might be fixing stored procedures or perl scripts. You would be expected to get involved in the Level 3 production support rota which is shared between our developers on a monthly cycle, and to occasionally help with weekend deployment activities to deploy and verify any code changes you have been involved in.
The team and role is ideal for someone looking for a strong career development path with many opportunities to grow, learn and develop. Qualifications: Skills Required:
- Core Java J2SE, Spring, JUnit, JMS
- Understanding of message based architectures
- RDBMS Sybase and/or DB2 is preferable, with a proficiency in writing complex SQL queries
- Unix/Linux scripting
- Perl scripting
- Good Problem solving and analytical skills
- Object Oriented Design and Development
- Full software development lifecycle understanding
- Good software development practices
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- An interest to learn the business supported by the applications Skills Desired:
- Database performance tuning
- Knowledge of the Equity Derivative business
- Knowledge of agile software development environments Interested in flexible working opportunities? Morgan Stanley empowers employees to have greater freedom of choice through flexible working arrangements. Speak to our recruitment team to find out more.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents. #LI-FM1