Lead Software Engineer
- Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 18 Apr 19
Lead Software Engineer
As a member of our Software Engineering Group you will dive head-firstinto creating innovative solutions that advance businesses and careers. You'lljoin an inspiring and curious team of technologists dedicated to improving thedesign, analytics, development, coding, testing and application programmingthat goes into creating high quality software and new products. You'll betasked with keeping the team and other key stakeholders up to speed on theprogress of what's being developed. Coming in with an understanding of theimportance of end-to-end software development-such as Agile frameworks-is key.And best of all, you'll be working with and sharing ideas, information andinnovation with our global team of technologists from all over the world.
This role involves being part of the Custodyteam for Asset movement engine application. Asset movement engine is thestrategic settlement platform for the bank. This is a major bank widegreenfield build out involving global teams of talented developers and isrethinking the way JP Morgan implements Post Trade platforms. You will beexpected to be a well-regarded and respected individual contributor who canperform as part of a team; possess strong inter-personal skills, as well asproven track record of application development with skills in Micro servicesand cloud application development.
This role requires a wide variety ofstrengths and capabilities, including:
- BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
- Advanced knowledge of application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines
- Understanding of architecture and design across all systems
- Working proficiency in developmental toolsets
- Ability to collaborate with high-performing teams and individuals throughout the firm to accomplish common goals
- Proficiency in one or more general purpose programming languages:
- Hands on experience in developing in Java
- Experience defining RESTful APIs and building RESTful Web Services
- Experience building mission-critical applications based on Micro services Architecture
- Understanding of DevOps principles, tools and the intersection with cloud architecture
- Understanding of software skills such as business analysis, development, maintenance and software improvement
- Comfortable leading the design process with senior engineers
- Hands-on, applied and delivery focused
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Open minded with an ability to work in a team environment
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not just working at aglobal financial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world'sbiggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technologyinitiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations inelectronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development.Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to createinnovative solutions that will not only transform the financial servicesindustry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, andwe're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. Weencourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitivebenefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as partof a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives ofpeople and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.