Solution Designer – Retail Banking – Glasgow – MUST be Security Cleared
- Market Standards
- Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Cognizant Technology Solutions UK Ltd
- 19 Feb 18 2018-02-19
Cognizant has been a tremendous success story globally over the last 20+ years. It is a member of the NASDAQ-100, the S&P 500, the Forbes Global 2000, and the Fortune 500 and is ranked among the top performing and fastest growing companies in the world.
Cognizant’s Banking & Financial Services Practice encompasses consumer lending, commercial finance, leasing, insurance, cards, payments, investment banking, wealth management and transaction processing. It is the company’s largest industry segment, serving leading financial institutions in North America, Europe, and Asia-Pacific. These include 9 of the top 10 European banks and 16 of the top 20 North American financial institutions.
- Must have security clearance
- Work closely with Cognizant’s customer (business as well as technology) colleagues to ensure that design options are effectively evaluated and robust recommendations made.
- Work with customer delivery teams, partners and third parties
- Socialize of designs for approval
- Development of Solution Plans – working collaboratively with colleagues in your delivery team to give a high level view of both; what will be delivered, and how the team plans to deliver it.
- Ongoing governance of project delivery against agreed designs and assessment of the impact of change requests on the high level design
- Running of design forums which may involve detailed design resources in significant projects or programs.
- Peer reviewing designs produced by others.
- Application of Data Management principles across all designs produced including creation/maintenance of the relevant artefacts
- Involvement in the technical communities of interest – inputting where appropriate to policies and standards and supporting the adherence to customer policies and standards through influence of others within both design, software engineering and other roles.
- Working under guidance from Lead architect and with other designers within the competency to support the customer’s business projects.
- Provision of Solution Design estimates for input to Business Cases.
- Design the solution and lead the implementation for a range of challenging technology projects that require senior technical direction, from significant feature implementations to complete technology modernisations or product installations and integrations.
- Ensures Technology Platform solutions are aligned with the corresponding Platform Blueprint and Company Platform roadmaps; may be called on to be the Technology Platform Single Point of Contact (SPOC)
- Focuses on cross-platform integration to leverage and optimize platform capabilities
- Ensures the engineered environment meets the specification in terms of business requirements, application design and infrastructure requirements, i.e. accountable for the platform integration performance and efficiency
- Performs hands-on solution architecture design work and actively participates in design and code reviews to ensure both delivery of desired business outcomes and alignment to enterprise standards
- Works with Business and Data Architects to align and incorporate their input into platform solutions
- Responsible for coaching and mentoring engineering resources on solution architecture,
- providing advice, guidance and assistance to less experienced colleagues as required
- Responsible for providing solutions for the bids(RFPs and RFIs)
- Hands on experience and expertise in technical design roles
- Experience of a range of technologies
- Understanding of project life-cycle (waterfall and agile)
- Understanding and experience of design governance
- Ability to work with both Business and Technology stakeholders to build personal credibility in shaping of solutions to business problems
- Support planning - help drive the scope and delivery shape and schedule as well as the design
- Ability to manage and resolve design risks and issues
- Able to work successfully with others in the Solution Design competency, Enterprise Architects, as well as other designers within your delivery team and Business Analysts to ensure that designs adhere to agreed principles, policies and roadmaps, whilst meeting business requirements.
- Experience of working as part of a team to deliver to deadlines
- Hands-on experience of working through the end to end project lifecycle
- Good overall knowledge of a broad range of technology and technology trends
- A deep and up-to-date understanding of best practice application / solution architectures
- Relevant solution architecture skills (i.e. Data, Application, and Infrastructure), and a good understanding of architectural concepts, methodologies and mapping approaches
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Experience of financial services and some domain knowledge of banking, payments, anti-fraud, process automation, cards and information security
Nice to Have Skills:
- Ability to multi-task to lead solution architecture on multiple projects
- Good influencing and interpersonal skills
About Cognizant Cognizant (Nasdaq-100: CTSH) is one of the world's leading professional services companies, transforming clients' business, operating and technology models for the digital era. Our unique industry-based, consultative approach helps clients envision, build and run more innovative and efficient businesses. Headquartered in the U.S., Cognizant is ranked 205 on the Fortune 500 and is consistently listed among the most admired companies in the world. Learn how Cognizant helps clients lead with digital at www.cognizant.com or follow us @Cognizant.