Public Cloud Lead Engineer
- Halifax, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Lloyds Banking Group
- 20 Feb 19
Public Cloud Lead Engineer
28 February 2019
Please note, this vacancy will close at 00:01am on the specified closing date rather than 11:59pm. Please ensure all applications are received before 00.01am on the specified closing date.
£0 - £0
We support agile working - click here for more information on agile working options.
Agile Working Options
Flexible / Variable Hours, Job Share, Other Agile Working Arrangements / Open to Discussion
Job Description Summary
Cloud Platform Services is responsible for supporting the delivery of one of the core themes within the Group CIO vision and strategy - a Private & Public Cloud capability.
It's an exciting time to join this fast moving area and support the evolution of a highly customer-focused, innovative and agile service provision which allows change to be delivered quickly and efficiently.
As part of Group CIO, Cloud Platform Services is the primary agent for creating and then managing the Cloud capability and the associated eco-system of service partners.
We are seeking Public Cloud Lead Engineers at grade E Upper to lead the provision and support of Public Cloud environments across Microsoft Azure, Azure Stack and IBM Bluemix Platforms with the potential to work on future Google and Amazon Web Services offerings.
The role will be technically hands on, leading and undertaking a variety of tasks such as large scale server deployment (Windows and Linux), virtual network configuration (VNET / Subnet), overseeing maintenance tasks and break fix support. The role holder must demonstrate strong quality and service focus as well as the ability to lead others.
The Public Cloud Engineer will need to be multi-skilled and operate within a DevOps practice. They must have a broad understanding of IT technology as well as being a specialist in a core technology used within Cloud.
The role holder may be required to provide 24x7 support to the cloud platforms supported by the bank, initially Microsoft Azure and Azure Stack.
The role holder will be responsible for knowledge transfer and mentoring of Public Cloud Engineers and there will be an expectation that they self-develop across other cloud vendors as the requirement arises.
You will be expected to work closely with and lead programme delivery teams working on Public Cloud projects to deliver new solutions that are fit for purpose.
Proven systematic and analytical approach to problem solving with the ability to implement effective business solutions are essential.
You'll support and influence the wider Cloud Platform Services area with service control mechanisms and functional disciplines. You'll also ensure the platform product offering remains secure and compliant to Bank policies and standards with adherence to relevant risk / audit policies and frameworks.
We'd be looking for you to monitor technology trends and developments and determine the implications for the platform product offering, progressing opportunities or mitigations where required.
Ideally you'll have previous experience based around the following:
• Through knowledge, research and engagement, define and evolve all aspects of a platform product offering, providing guidance and support to the wider team area and product consumers.
• Guiding and influencing engineering decisions and capability
• Strong DevOps understanding, ''Infrastructure As Code'' using technology such as Terraform and Chef as well as knowledge of Jenkins, Docker etc.
• Experience of building and deploying Cloud strategies at a technical level within complex and diverse organisations.
• Actively exploit product features and enhancements
• Understand and analyse tooling and technology dependencies, offering solutions where required.
Ideally you'll also have:
• Deep experience of cloud-based architectures (as-a-service), cloud-based design and provision.
• Demonstrable technology innovation experience in a multi-vendor environment.
• Evidence of product roadmap creation and delivery, expanding to end to end lifecycle management.
• A good understanding of Agile working practices.
• Hands on experience of at least one end to end cloud transformation programme.
So if this sounds like your ideal next opportunity click apply, we'd love to hear from you. If you would like to discuss the role in more detail, contact Claire Rushforth on 07768 987441 or firstname.lastname@example.org
At Lloyds Banking Group, we're driven by a clear purpose; to help Britain prosper. Across the Group, our colleagues are focused on making a difference to customers, businesses and communities. With us you'll have a key role to play in shaping the financial services of the future, whilst the scale and reach of our Group means you'll have many opportunities to learn, grow and develop.
We're focused on creating a values-led culture and are committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve. Together we're building a truly inclusive workplace where all of our colleagues have the opportunity to make a real difference.