Senior Test Engineer
- GBP50000 - GBP56266 per annum
- Leeds, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- DWP Digital
- 17 May 19
Senior Test Engineer, BPDTS Ltd: up to £56,266 plus great benefits and work life balance Want to be part of something really big? We are looking for Senior Test Engineers to work with us on one of the largest transformation programmes in Europe, providing services that have far-reaching and pivotal roles in citizens' lives.
Senior Test Engineer, BPDTS Ltd
Want to be part of something really big? If you're creative and curious to learn, want to be empowered to make decisions and challenge the norm, and want to bring BIG ideas to a MASSIVE digital challenge then you'll love it here. And we'd love to hear from you.
We are looking for Senior Test Engineers to work with us on one of the largest transformation programmes in Europe, providing services that have far-reaching and pivotal roles in citizens' lives.
Our DevOps approach is pivotal in making service delivery a reality, putting new services into the hands of UK citizens including some of the most vulnerable in our society.
As a Senior Test Engineer you will be responsible for the testing of products and services used by millions of people in the UK. The work you will do to ensure products are fit for purpose has the power to positively impact some of the most vulnerable people in our society.
Here you will be responsible for the operational stability of the products you test, and be in a position to affect change in the on-going robustness, resilience and stability of those products. You know when and how to test, and you're comfortable with a risk-based approach. And you'll fit in with our friendly, driven teams Test Engineering teams in Blackpool, Leeds, London, Manchester and Sheffield
What are we looking for?
- You have experience of working in a complex, multi-disciplinary environment, delivering products within specific time-scales and engaging with multiple senior Stakeholders.
- You're able to test interfaces between systems.
- You can identify test process optimisation opportunities and contribute to process optimisation.
- You utilise and implement Test Engineering best practises and tools including HPW UFT 12.5+, Seleniuum v2.53.1+, Jenkins v2.11+.
- You have experience of Continuous Integration - Methodology and tools (i.e. GIT) Familiar with Agile Delivery Methodologies.
It's also great if…
- You have experience of working with Test Engineering collaboration tools such as Jira, Confluence, Slack.
- You've used behaviour Driven Development tools.
- You've experience of modifying and maintaining tests developed by other Associate and Test Engineers.
- You have tested software within a Micro-Service architecture.
- You've worked in environments using different delivery methods; Agile, Iterative, Waterfall.
- You are aware of Performance Test Tools including HPE Loadrunner v12.53+, JMeter v3.0.
- You're aware of Security test tools including Burp Suite Pro v1.6 or higher, OWASP ZAP 2.4.3 or higher, Nessus/Tenable v5.0 or higher.
- You have an awareness of accessibility standards - WCAG (v2.0) and EN (301 549).
Don't worry if you don't have any/all of these though, there will be loads of opportunities to learn new skills on the job here, and loads of talented colleagues to learn from.
Where will you work?
BPDTS Ltd provides dedicated services to the Department for Work and Pensions. Our digital, data and technology specialists work closely with experts in DWP Digital's community to make digital services quicker, simpler and more efficient for the millions of people that use them.
You'll join us in one of our brilliant digital hubs in either Manchester or Leeds where we provide the latest tech and tooling and foster a collaborative culture to help our agile, multi-disciplinary teams think big and try new things.
Leeds is one of our most established hubs, so you'll work alongside some really talented teams on high profile projects. If you're not satisfied by the facilities onsite, which include coffee shops, restaurant, swimming pool and a dentist (not fun but very handy), then you'll find the best of the city on our doorstep. If you're anything like us you'll find every excuse to grab some great street food for lunch from the likes of Manjit's Kitchen and Fat Annie's in our near neighbour Kirkgate Market.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications regardless of age, gender, race or sexuality.
What is our offer?
- We'll reward you with a very competitive salary of up to £56,266
- You will be eligible for a pension with employer contributions of up to 10%
- We can offer you a performance related annual bonus of up to 10%
- We'll help you balance your life and work
- We'll give you a generous leave allowance, with the option to buy and sell extra days
We also offer much more as part of a flexible benefits package - including a cycle to work scheme and lots of family friendly perks - which can be tailored to your lifestyle.
Building our future
We believe the work we do really matters, so we're serious about investing in you.
You'll have access to a huge suite of training and learning opportunities to complement the new skills you'll acquire on the job. You'll get the chance to share knowledge and with colleagues from across our digital communities, and to grow your skills through our coaching and mentoring programmes.
Click APPLY now to continue an application via our online portal.