One of Europe's #1 lower-mid cap growth equity firms is hiring individuals to join their London based investing team as an Investment Analyst.
The lean team provide companies and institutions with equity on a relationship basis and have a pan-European coverage. The firm are industry agnostic and focus on a broad array of businesses and situations, from mid-market companies to private family-owned enterprises.
Role & Responsibilities:
The role provides the opportunity to be involved in every stage of the mandate and you will benefit from high client exposure from day one, one of the strongest deal flows within the UK&I market and close support/development from well-experienced seniors.
As an Investment Analyst, you will:
- Perform detailed financial and market research and analysis that forms the basis for decisions on new equity investments of the firm
- Screen new investment opportunities
- Prepare various complex Excel financial models including cash flow analysis
- Prepare investment committee memos
- Prepare presentations and pitches for internal and external use
- Analyse investment performance including maintaining and updating investment valuations and financial models as well as keeping track of relevant current market activities
- Assist in negotiating and preparing the legal documentation
- Assist in investment closings
- Meet with management teams and sponsors when assessing new investment opportunities and monitoring the existing portfolio
- Additional duties include providing direct support as deemed necessary by senior management
- Recently (early-2022) or soon to qualify (mid-2022) qualifying ACA with experience in either Transaction Services, Corporate Finance or M&A at a big four or accountancy/consultancy firm
- Relevant Bachelor or Masters degree required from a top tier institution.
- Must already have British citizenship, indefinite leave to remain or pre-settlement status – the firm will not sponsor visas.
- You must have strong analytical & technical skills, are result-oriented, with attention to detail and quality when delivering results under time pressure.
- You must be eager to continue learning the ins and outs of equity finance transactions and have a flexible mindset to take on complicated and new challenges.
- You must have proven project management and organizational skills.
- Advanced MS PowerPoint and MS Excel modelling skills – this will be tested in the application process.
- Participation in the Chartered Financial Analysts® (CFA) program is a plus.