Tradition is the interdealer broking arm of Compagnie Financière Tradition and one of the world's largest interdealer brokers in over-the-counter financial and commodity related products. CFT is represented in over 28 countries, employing over 2,500 people.
Tradition’s goal is to provide superior client services. It believes its business success is a direct reflection of its employees and recruits. As such, teamwork, creativity, reliability and integrity are components of a work ethic taken very seriously since the company was founded in 1959.
Tradition is currently seeking to appoint a Qualified Accountant to be based within the London office.
Main responsibilities within the Accountant position include:
Month end reporting:
- Carrying out all month end accounting postings in an efficient and accurate manner following a set timetable, including preparation of support cost entries, revenue share accruals, PSA / P11D accruals and processing of intercompany debit notes;
- Ensuring the correct accounting treatment is applied on both BAU and ad hoc matters;
- Analysing month on month and YTD variances and providing clear, accurate and meaningful commentary for key variances;
- Preparing month end balance sheet reconciliations to good standard with appropriate back up support and commentary on key movements;
- Calculating current and deferred tax provisions;
- Preparing month end reporting packages for Group Finance;
- Addressing queries from London Management and from Group Finance;
- Liaising with overseas offices and ensuring all inter-company balances are agreed and any disputes resolved.
- Developing a good understanding of the business and its products;
- Building a strong working rapport with the business managers and desk heads and acting as a first port of call for front office queries;
Half year and year end reporting:
- Preparing HY and YE working papers for external auditors;
- Addressing and resolving audit queries;
- Preparing IFRS statutory workbooks at YE
- Preparing and maintaining process notes and legal entity standing files;
- Maintaining and complying with internal controls and processes;
- Assisting with the implementation of system and process changes;
- Participating in small scale finance projects.
- Fostering a spirit of teamwork and unity among department members that encourages an appreciation of diversity, cohesiveness, supportiveness, and working together effectively to enable each employee and the department to achieve its goals
- Communicating in a friendly, helpful and non-prejudicial manner with all relevant internal and external stakeholders as you are a representative of your department as well as the Group and therefore expected to behave accordingly
- Undertaking and passing all necessary training in line with the requirements of the role
- Adhering to all Tradition policies and applicable legislation
- Any other duties reasonably requested
Key skills, experience and competencies required to be successful in this role:
- Qualified accountant. ACA preferable
- Big four audit firm training desirable
- Exposure to accounting for Matched Principal desirable
- Financial services experience preferable
- Proficient systems knowledge
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills especially excel
- Self-driven, enthusiastic and a good team player
- Ability to work under pressure and embrace change
- Proven ability to solve complex issues and reconcile differences
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Attention to detail but aware of the big picture
- Good organisational skills and time keeping
- Ability to identify areas for improvement and implement changes
- Ability to take ownership of ad hoc tasks or small projects from start to completion and deliver conclusive results.