This high-profile role in a leading bank based in Sydney, Australia will allow you to use the full extent of your technical accounting expertise, commercially applying accounting treatment across a variety of complex transactions.
Due to increased transactional activity, this role will provide a key link between finance and front office deal teams, providing technical accounting interpretation and commercial application of various accounting standards.
For the right candidate sponsorship and work visas will be arranged.
You will be responsible for:
- Provision of technical accounting interpretation for complex transactions;
- Management of IFRS related accounting queries from across the Group;
- Decisioning on key product development from an accounting treatment perspective;
- Advisory input into Group financial statements and financial reporting obligations;
- Various aspects of strategic analysis of accounting treatment and IFRS application across the Group.
- CA or equivlanet qualified;
- Proven experience working with complex transactions and interpretations for IFRS;
- Deep knowledge of banking and financial services, or financial markets products is highly regarded;
- Excellent communicator that can make the complex understandable for a non-finance audience;
- Commercial thinker with a proactive approach to strategic solutions for transactions;
- Excellent attention to detail.
To be considered, apply here or send an updated CV to email@example.com.