Analyst, Regulatory Tax Advisory
Our professionals balance analytical skills, deep market insight and independence to deliver solid, defensible analysis and practical advice to our clients. As an organization, we think globally. We create transparency in an opaque world, and we encourage our people to do the same. That means when you take your place on our team, you'll discover a supportive and collaborative work environment that empowers you to excel. If you're ready to share your perspective with the world, then you can make a real impact here. This is the Duff & Phelps difference.
Duff & Phelps' Tax Advisory Services practice provides expert tax advice to our clients through a diverse range of offerings including structuring and restructuring global asset managers, guiding UK individuals on HMRC disclosure facilities, through to assisting expats and general compliance matters.
At Duff & Phelps, your work will help protect, restore and maximize value for our clients. Join us and together we'll maximize the value of your career. RESPONSIBILITIES:
- As an Analyst, your first year will be spent gaining an understanding of tax in general whilst completing the first stage of your professional qualifications.
- Your technical knowledge will deepen through exam training and your day-to-day work will include the preparation of company and personal tax returns, the preparation of tax disclosures for the financial statements, and drafting notes on areas of technical research.
- You will also have client management responsibilities such as providing advice on key filing and payment dates, liaising with HM Revenue & Customs and administrative responsibilities such as producing analyses of time spent on client projects.
- As you progress within our team, your commercial understanding and technical knowledge will broaden and you will build your own client responsibilities and ultimately begin to manage clients
- Enthusiasm and passion for working in financial/professional services
- Strong, diligent work ethic
- Intellectually rigorous and curious
- High level of detail orientation
- An interest and competence in working with data and spreadsheets
- Ability to prioritize and juggle conflicting tasks successfully
- Ability to work within a small team, supporting colleagues where necessary
- An interest in pursuing professional qualifications and a career in Tax
- Minimum 2.1 degree from a top 30 ranked university ideally in a related degree such as economics, business studies, maths etc.
- A Levels - ideally 3 Bs minimum
- GCSEs or equivalent - minimum of B in English, Maths and Science
In order to be considered for a position at Duff & Phelps, you must formally apply via https://careers.duffandphelps.jobs/
Duff & Phelps is committed to equal opportunity and diversity, and recruits people based on merit.