- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- HSBC Bank plc
- 19 May 19
Big Bank Funding. FinTech Thinking.
Our technology teams in the UK work closely with HSBC's global businesses to help design and build digital services that allow our millions of customers around the world, to bank quickly, simply and securely. We also run and manage our IT infrastructure, data centres and core banking systems that power the world's leading international bank.
Our multi-disciplined teams include: DevOps engineers, IT architects, front and back end developers, infrastructure specialists, cyber experts, as well as project and programme managers.
We work in small, agile DevOps teams with colleagues around the world from our offices at the Bluefin Building in Southwark, our global headquarters in Canary Wharf, and multiple other locations around the UK including Sheffield, Leeds, Barnsley and Birmingham.
Following extensive investment across our Technology and Digital domains and with plans for continued expansion throughout 2019 and beyond, we are currently seeking a number of experienced Android Engineer to join HSBC Technology.
The organisation is pursuing a 'Mobile-Centric' approach in which an 'Everyday Banking' app sits at the centre of a multi-channel customer offering. We are embedding a mobile-first into the fabric of the business, creating and continuously improving mobile as a platform to serve content, features and journeys to our customers.
The mobile team own several global HSBC banking apps, responsible for key channels for millions of our customers. Our mobile teams are based at HSBC Digital hubs across the UK, India, Hong Kong and China.
What you will be doing;
We are looking for Android developers that can help further the success of our everyday banking apps. We have tens of apps worldwide that are used by millions of users. We are seeking individuals who see this as an opportunity to build the idealised banking experience across a vast platform. One that solves real problems for our users, adds real value and provides relevant services and insights.
- Hands on with Planning, estimating, contributing to the architecture, coding, development
- Refactoring and continuous improvements of the code bases is vital.
- Taking responsibility of releases and contributing to the on-going support of the live apps.
- Keen to collaborate with others, and you'll give thought about how software fits into the bigger picture
- We promote a DevOps culture so you will need to look beyond pure programming and get involved with the deployment and operation of the software we build.
What you will bring to the role;
To be successful in this role you should have proven experience within the Technology sector with knowledge of the following skills:
- Solid experience in mobile engineering and has hands on experience on using Kotlin to develop Android App
- Experience as a technical expert on the Android platform and competency with industry standard libraries
- Have experience in Dagger2, Rxjava2, Retrofit2, familiar with third party lib integration and has very good with UI and Core Architectural Design patterns
- Solid experience in writing Unit Tests and UI tests, must be familiar with Junit, Mockito and Espresso, as well as experience with source code versioning tools, specifically Github
Come Power a Business that Defines How to Power the World
HSBC offers the opportunity to develop a fulfilling career within a supportive and inclusive environment. We aim to be a place where everyone can achieve their full potential, regardless of their background. This is why HSBC is committed to being an inclusive employer and encourages applications from all suitably qualified applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.
We want everyone to be able to fulfil their potential which is why we provide a range of flexible working arrangements and family friendly policies.
As an HSBC employee in the UK, you will have access to tailored professional development opportunities and a competitive pay and benefits package. This includes private healthcare for all UK-based employees, enhanced maternity and adoption pay and support when you return to work, and a contributory pension scheme with a generous employer contribution.
Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.