Application Support - OTC Derivatives We are currently recruiting for an application support engineer to join the OTC Derivatives support group at a large international investment bank to work on L2 application support duties for a 30+ mission critical systems.
Application Support - OTC Derivatives
We are currently recruiting for an application support engineer to join the OTC Derivatives support group at a large international investment bank to work on L2 application support duties for a 30+ mission critical systems.
- Field support queries from users (front office, external clients and internal operations and technology groups) in EMEA and globally.
- Take ownership for, investigate, log/track and resolve 2nd level support queries. This will involve an understanding of the systems supported as well as the underlying business concepts.
- Assess the relative severity and impact of incidents on the business and external clients and re-mediate appropriately.
- Pro-actively identify areas where support queries can be reduced; and identify, document and potentially implement solutions.
- Proactively monitor application and pre-empt issues, ensuring minimal down time and delivery against service levels
- Accurately record incidents and their resolution and use this to facilitate route cause analysis and permanently fix repeat problems.
- Communicate status and resolution of issues on a timely basis to users and technologists, escalating where appropriate to management.
- Communicate clearly and concisely both verbally and in writing.
- Develop and maintain relationships with other technology teams including other global support / business lines, application development, QA and infrastructure (e.g. DBA, server teams, web services, etc.) teams.
- Develop and maintain relationships with users, including front office and other internal groups.
- SQL (Oracle, Sybase, SQL Server)
- Shell, Python, Perl scripting
- Automation tools
- Geneos, Splunk
- OTC Derivatives/Cash Equities
Please submit your CV in order to be considered for this role
Your International Talent Provider
iKas International Limited is providing recruitment services for this role. By clicking 'APPLY NOW', you confirm that you understand that any personal data you submit through your application will be used to provide you with our recruitment services. For further detail on how iKas International Limited process your data, please read the iKas Privacy Statement.