Architecture Risk Lead
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Lloyds Banking Group
- 20 Mar 19
Architecture Risk Lead
30 June 2019
Please note, this vacancy will close at 00:01am on the specified closing date rather than 11:59pm. Please ensure all applications are received before 00.01am on the specified closing date.
£78,150 - £104,200
We support agile working - click here for more information on agile working options.
Agile Working Options
Other Agile Working Arrangements / Open to Discussion
Job Description Summary
Lead the formulation and delivery of strategies, policies and processes to identify risks; challenge and advise the business to mitigate and control risks in accordance with the risk appetite. Influence key senior stakeholders, deputise for senior colleagues and contribute to broader strategic planning and business decision-making by providing insight, control and thought leadership
Provide insightful, high quality analysis, advice and guidance across Architecture Risk. Responsible for leading, driving and delivering a comprehensive and controlled operational risk environment though management and assessment of the control landscape and its effectiveness.
- Responsible for the identification, analysis and review of risks within Architecture Risk and use of strong risk management skills to support the business with managing their risk landscape.
- Engage and build strong relationships with stakeholders to influence and challenge key business decisions and support successful development and delivery of business objectives.
- Prepare and interpret risk management output, with insight and information from multiple sources, making recommendations to senior stakeholders to support with influencing decisions and behaviours in assigned business areas.
- Attend appropriate risk forums and committees.
- Proactively manage, develop and maintain intra-group relationships across the Three Lines of Defence, e.g. Group Risk, Group Audit, to optimise results in areas of common interest.
- High level of knowledge of the operational and regulatory environment of Architecture, which continues to change and increase in complexity.
- Ability to perform systematic reviews of the team's work, providing constructive support and challenge, leading to the development of plans of action to resolve any identified issues.
- Lead and develop the team effectively to excel.
- Embeds LBG culture, leadership and vision by role modelling behaviours, creating and agreeing stretching performance objectives, providing feedback and coaching.
- Raising team performance by building trust, communicating effectively and appreciating individual inputs, empowering the team to use their initiative to deliver a positive contribution.
- Strong performance management understanding and background.
- A proven ability to develop oneself to help drive the capability of the team to adapt to ongoing changes in the organisation.
- Perseverance when under pressure and demonstrating resilience to maintain and drive business results and success.
- A willingness to challenge objectives or targets to achieve best results for the Group and our customers.
- Remains positive, calm and resilient under pressure, takes clear responsibility and leads and supports the team/function in determining priorities and continuing to deliver expected business outcomes.
- Builds a team of Architecture risk subject matter experts (SME) and develops capability to perform comprehensive and/or complex risk and control reviews.
- Maintains a strong focus on quality and inspires delivery of insightful and progressive risk and controls activities relevant to the business areas supported.
- Develops clear strategies and plans for the team aligned to business priorities and works with their team to translate this into meaningful goals and commitments to improve risk management.
- Performance manages and builds trust with their team ensuring all colleagues understand their role, have appropriate training to develop competency and are coached to maintain a high performing team.
- A focus on quality activities by both self and through others, having strong influencing, attention to detail and determination to achieve on time results to achieve best results for the Group and our customers.
- Encourage others in the business to promote innovation as an opportunity for business performance.
- Actively promote inclusion in the business, ensuring people show awareness, appreciation and respect for colleagues across the Group.
- Responsible for identifying and assessing risks to ensure they are well managed within the Bank's risk appetite.
- Acts as a source of professional expertise to mitigate the potential for risk and ensures systems and processes are fit for purpose.
- Manages the implementation of processes to deliver Group Risk policy - and oversight and assurance within business areas, agreeing remediation plans as necessary.
- Advises colleagues of good practice in own area of expertise to promote actions to mitigate and control risks.
- Recognised by peers as a subject matter expert and a highly skilled leader for the area.
- Possesses a very strong understanding of LBG and industry standards, control frameworks and key Architecture risks.
- Maintains own understanding and provides advice and guidance to the business area on internal risk themes, external risk trends and regulatory requirements to support effective business risk management and controls development and implementation.
- A strong proven ability to create and deliver high quality outputs, articulating clearly the technical risks/issues in a clear and concise business language for use at senior executive level or by external parties (e.g. Regulators, Risk Committees).
- Analyses and evaluates a range of information to produce insightful analysis, recommendations and advice to influence decisions in relevant areas of the business.
- Builds and maintains effective relationships with key stakeholders to maximise personal effectiveness.
- Comfortable challenging and influencing stakeholders at grade H and above.
- Effective communicator across various mediums and audiences.
- Role models effective communication through the way they articulate and respond to others, and coaches others.
- Trusted to deliver high level of service to clients and understands the complexities of customer decision making.
- Consistently meets customer expectations and coaches others to be effective.
- Adding value through expected service levels by approaching every aspect of their role from the perspective of their customer.
- Takes a positive approach when adapting to change and responding to different priorities and ways of working.
- Leads the team through change and provides support as needed.
- Responsible for planning and executing agreed risk management projects to achieve continuous improvement.
- Communicates and explains change effectively.
- Plans and implements changes and gains commitment and understanding, minimising disruption to service.
- Demonstrate methods of contribution to improve productivity and efficiency, taking a positive attitude to change.
- Ability to prioritise own work load appropriately, managing various tasks requiring a high level of proficiency and detail.
- Plans, co-ordinates and controls the work and resources of the team(s) under their control.
- Maintains an awareness of team workloads not directly under their control and demonstrates flexibility in making most effective use of resources to achieve overall business objectives.
At Lloyds Banking Group, we're driven by a clear purpose; to help Britain prosper. Across the Group, our colleagues are focused on making a difference to customers, businesses and communities. With us you'll have a key role to play in shaping the financial services of the future, whilst the scale and reach of our Group means you'll have many opportunities to learn, grow and develop.
We're focused on creating a values-led culture and are committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve. Together we're building a truly inclusive workplace where all of our colleagues have the opportunity to make a real difference.