Assistant Manager, Internal Audit, Insurance, London
Deloitte's Insurance Internal Audit Team is part of the Insurance Audit Group, which provides audit, assurance, advisory and internal audit services to our clients. The team is a market leading group of industry experts that is rapidly growing. We work in the insurance sector, with particular focus on the Lloyd's and London market, the wider General Insurance sector and the Life insurance sector.
The team has built a reputation for providing market leading assurance services, positioning itself at the cutting edge of emerging regulatory trends through our work with client, regulators, industry bodies, and our own market research.
The core services of the Insurance Internal Audit Team include the following:
- Co-sourced Internal Audit Services (jointly with incumbent client Internal Audit team);
- Outsourced Internal Audit Services;
- Reviews of the effectiveness of Internal Audit functions (general or targeted); and
- Advice and training on methodology and financial services subject matter
As we continue to grow and execute our plans to strengthen our market-leading position, we are looking for focused, aspirational and collaborative practitioners - with a commitment to growing their career in internal audit - to join our team.
We pride ourselves on our ability to provide real insight and value to our clients through building deep and trusted relationships supported by the knowledge and experience of our team. Our Internal Audit leadership team is a group of professionals that have held senior roles in the UK's Top Internal Audit functions as well as professionals with an in-depth knowledge of the respective industry from either a professional or industry background. Our team also has access to the full breadth of Deloitte's wider expertise in the UK and on a global basis. Are you looking to return to the workplace after an extended career break?
For this role we can offer coaching and support designed for returners to refresh your knowledge and skills, and help your transition back into the workplace after a career break of 2 years or more. If this is relevant for you, just let your recruiter know when you make your application. Your role
We are looking to expand our team with focused, aspirational and collaborative internal audit practitioners, and as such we are offering the opportunity to join as an Assistant Manager to support this challenging and rapidly expanding business. Deloitte offers a unique career opportunity in a supportive, challenging and fast-growth environment.
Your work, your choice
- Managing client engagements, working closely with our Managers and Senior Managers leading in this area;
- Deliver a range of internal audit services, working with client's senior management;
- Leading a team of juniors, including review of work papers;
- Developing an advanced understanding of your clients' business needs and key risks;
- Build and maintain strong, lasting client relationships through adding value to their business;
- Assisting with Deloitte practice management including preparation of budgets, resourcing and client billing;
- Participate in development of Deloitte's Internal Audit thought leadership; and
- Working in diverse teams within an inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contribution.
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
Your home office will be London, but this client-facing role provides opportunity for travel in the UK.
This is a permanent full time opportunity, with flexibility of home-working. Your professional experience
Salary: Market Rate, Open date: 24/09/19; Closing date: 22/10/19. Full time
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills - both written and verbal;
- Strong organisational, planning and problem-solving skills, and the ability to multi-task;
- Knowledge of auditing techniques including risk assessment, audit scoping, devising audit approach, controls testing, substantive audit testing including sampling techniques;
- Strong knowledge of UK regulation
- Working towards Internal Audit or Accountancy qualification (ACA or ACCA); or equivalent
- Experience of managing small to medium sized team and reporting to business management; and
- Experience of working within, or with, the Internal Audit department of a large Financial Services organisation.
Your service line: Audit & Assurance
In an industry best known for looking back, Deloittelooks beyond.
Our Audit & Assurance team understand the mostimportant decisions are the ones we are yet to make. Crafting the future in aninformed and clear-sighted way means understanding current conditions, as wellas the trends that are shaping tomorrow. That is why we use our expertise inaudit to show where things stand now, and to help inform the next step. Withthe assurance we provide, we help our clients to look ahead with strength andconfidence across all of their accounting, regulatory and transaction needs.
Innovation is the key, underpinned by audit quality.You will be joining a diverse team of experts capable of delivering meaningfuland durable change for both our clients and our profession. About Deloitte
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent. What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world. Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the secondlargest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operationsin Belgium, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Malta, the Netherlands, the Nordics(Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK.Deloitte NSE brings together 2,500 partners and over 40,000 people, combiningour unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance,consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across theregion. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputedleader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth forour people. What do we value?
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service. We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture, and we support agile working arrangements. Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways
. We are proud to have earnt a Top 10 place on the 2018 list of Top 30 Employers for Working Families
for the eighth consecutive year, and to have been listed in The Times Top 50 Employers for Women
for each of the last three years. Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work - and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we're looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.
Ref: RTWPROG SLAUDA
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and its registered office at 1 New Street Square, London EC4A 3HQ, United Kingdom.
Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NSE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee ("DTTL"). DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities. DTTL and Deloitte NSE LLP do not provide services to clients. Please see www.deloitte.com/about to learn more about our global network of member firms.
© 2019 Deloitte LLP. All rights reserved.
Requisition code: 172365