Associate - Fund Data Management
About the opportunity Department Description
The Fund Data Management Team manages the core fund data for all Third Party Funds for platform business as well as Fidelity's onshore and offshore mutual fund products. Fund data changes are updated on GFAS, ISA workstation, price bucket and other Fidelity systems based on instructions from within Fidelity or from Third Party Providers. The department coordinates and processes Corporate Actions, such as mergers, conversions, name changes and closures and also manages set-up for new fund launches. Purpose of your role
A strong candidate is required to join the Fund Data Management team to support the set-up and maintenance of core fund data for all Fidelity, WI, UKFNW and GFNW products. The successful candidate will possess strong technical ability and excellent interpersonal skills in order to ensure a smooth, efficient operation. The individual would be expected to take full responsibility for the management of the projects allocated to them, including the prompt escalation of any potential issues. The actions undertaken by the team carry a high level of risk as any changes made can potentially affect all clients holding that fund.
As part of our commitment to Treating Customers Fairly (TCF), you will be expected to fully adhere to and follow set procedures which are in place, ensuring that all customers you have contact with receive the highest level of customer service, on a consistent basis. You will receive training to ensure that you fully understand what the 6 TCF principles are and how they affect your department, feeding back any client comments to your Line Manager/TCF Champion. This will enable us to continuously review our adherence to the outcomes and identify any issues with our procedures, documentation, marketing or products. Key Responsibilities
Experience and Qualifications Required
- Management of all fund data held on the system
- End to end project management of all allocated tasks
- Communication, management and implementation of corporate actions, e.g. mergers, name changes, closures, charge changes as advised by areas of the business and Third Party Providers
- Coordination of client mailings
- Coordinate the addition and amendment of core fund data for Fidelity, UKFNW and GFNW products.
- Provide accurate data as required to other areas both on a scheduled and ad hoc basis.
- Take part in carrying out testing requirements for all functions within the team for regression and new functionality.
- Provide support to operational areas, Systems teams and the business
- Review of core fund data to ensure its integrity.
- Maintain effective relationships with all interested parties e.g. Pricing / Dealing / Systems / FNW Relationship Management/ 3rd Party Providers.
- Identification and escalation of potential issues to the appropriate business groups.
- Represent the team at project meetings in relation to Fidelity fund launches and corporate actions.
- Pro-active in highlighting service improvements and support their implementation
About you About Fidelity International
- Strong team player but also able to work independently without close supervision
- Self-motivated with excellent organisational and prioritisation skills
- Analytical - ability to interpret and implement instructions
- High level of accuracy and a logical approach to review/control
- PC literate. Experienced in Excel and Word
- Flexible - may require work out of business hours/weekends
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Excellent relationship building skills
- Good communication skills - both verbal and written
Fidelity International offers investment solutions and services and retirement expertise to more than 2.5 million customers globally. As a privately-held, purpose-driven company with a 50-year heritage, we think generationally and invest for the long term. Operating in more than 25 locations and with $611.4 billion in total assets, our clients range from central banks, sovereign wealth funds, large corporates, financial institutions, insurers and wealth managers, to private individuals.
Our Workplace & Personal Financial Health business provides individuals, advisers and employers with access to world-class investment choices, third-party solutions, administration services and pension guidance. Together with our Investment Solutions & Services business, we invest $471 billion on behalf of our clients. By combining our asset management expertise with our solutions for workplace and personal investing, we work together to build better financial futures.
Our clients come from all walks of life and so do we. We are proud of our inclusive culture and encourage applications from the widest mix of talent, whatever your age, gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, social background and more.
As a flexible employer, we trust our people to perform their role in the way that works best for them, our clients and our business. We are a disability-friendly company and would welcome a conversation with you if you feel you might benefit from any reasonable adjustments to perform to the best of your ability during the recruitment process and beyond. Data as at 30 September 2020. Read more at https://www.fidelityinternational.com/
Applying to this Job Role: Please note you are only required to upload your CV/Resume to the application screen.