Associate Internships - Global Fiscal Policy - London
A career within Corporate Tax services, will provide you with the opportunity to help our clients meet their tax obligations while managing the impact tax has on their business. You'll advise clients on their local and overseas tax affairs, while acting as a strategic consultant related to business analysis, managing working capital, and profit sharing for partners. You'll also help organisations understand the pricing implications of goods and services between related parties, as well as providing advice on tax implications of deals.
Our team helps our clients improve their tax function to control risk and facilitate better decision making. You'll focus on helping businesses with tax strategy, ensuring tax compliance, increasing post tax profits, and providing application support to achieve the best corporate tax practices. Job Description / About PwC's Global Fiscal Policy Advisory
PwC's Global Fiscal Policy Advisory helps governments implement better tax and spending policies, working with senior ministers and decision makers on complex issues of great significance for society. We provide policy advice, technical assistance and capacity building support to governments and international organisations around the world in the areas of public financial management, tax reform, and governance and transparency.
Our team includes public financial management specialists, tax policy experts, economists, accountants, policy advisors, and project managers, and bring significant experience working in the public sector and in international contexts. It is a fast paced and collaborative team and these roles offer the immediate opportunity to work on a range of highly interesting projects with a real impact on policy choices across the globe alongside a group of diverse, motivated and supportive people. About the role Due to the varied nature of the team's work, the role requires flexibility to work across a range of tasks. The role will primarily involve the development of fiscal policy advice, which will include
All our projects are undertaken in close collaboration with others, so candidates should be those who excel at working as part of a team. The role is based with the team in the Embankment Place office in Central London. Requirements We are looking for strong candidates for a 6 month internship, with the possibility of extension. We are seeking individuals with a genuine interest in fiscal policy, and experience working in related fields and/or relevant public sector entities would also be an advantage. Essential skills
- Undertaking research, e.g. economic, policy or statistical research
- Drafting reports
- Preparing formal and informal proposals
- Assessment of reform options
- Coordinating with other teams and/or firms and supporting on other work
- Strong interest in fiscal policy and related areas with an enthusiasm for understanding complex policy issues.
- Strong analytical and research skills and the ability to critically evaluate evidence
- Strong time management, the ability to work independently and across multiple commitments without compromising the quality of deliverables.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal .
- Strong interpersonal skills and a demonstrable history of working in a team.
- Attention to detail.
- Undergraduate-level degree or above in a relevant subject (public policy, economics, international relations, public finance). This does not need to be completed but must, at a minimum, be on track for completion.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Experience working in a fiscal policy-related field and/or experience working in government or international organisations.
- Language skills fluency in French and/or Arabic would be desirable.
- Knowledge of data analytics and/or economic modelling would be desirable.
We help organisations and the people who run them answer the big business questions. How should we raise finance? Where should we be based? How should we reward our people? With some 3,300 experts whose expertise covers every conceivable area of taxation, we're one of the UK's leading tax practices. Not the role for you?
Did you know PwC offer flexible contract arrangements as well as contingent work ( ie temporary or day rate contracting)? The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, 'The PwC Professional' and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
Learn more here www.pwc.com/uk/careers/experienced/apply Diversity
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool, as well as those who reflect the diverse nature of our society. And we aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths. Creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business and as an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we're open to flexible working arrangements where appropriate.
Learn more here www.pwc.com/uk/diversity