- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- M&G Prudential
- Full time
- London, England, United Kingdom
- 21 Apr 19
Working with M&G Prudential as a Business Analyst means becoming part of a brand with a global reputation and an exciting vision: to be the most loved and most successful saving & investments business.
The forthcoming planned de-merger of M&G Prudential from the Prudential Group PLC provides a terrific opportunity to create a truly international and integrated savings and investments firm. A firm built on a rich and long history and with a commitment to an innovative future centred on the needs of customers and clients. There is a genuine opportunity to drive competitive advantage with value creation through the formation of this new organisation.
If you're inspired to join us, and have the necessary qualities, then this could be the opportunity you've been looking for.
The Client Reporting Programme is part of M&G Prudential's drive to scale the business by a factor of three and involves centralising and standardising our business channels' reporting capabilities within one operational team. To meet this we are building out a fully automated data and user experience platform, with IT as a strategic partner in making the proposition a reality, driving quality, efficiency, consistency and performance. The Business Analyst will play a key role within the programme team, working alongside the Programme Manager, Business Product Owner, senior stakeholders, technical teams and a range of business users to ensure the deliverables align with our vision and goals.
You're personable, articulate and able to rapidly form effective working relationships with colleagues. You'll have a proactive and delivery-focussed approach, and will be attentive to detail. We're also seeking someone with the strong determination to challenge the status quo and see initiatives through to completion, and who has a genuine interest in the opportunities and challenges affecting distribution & technology capabilities within the asset management industry.
• Data analysis and/or business process analysis;
• Gain an understanding of existing systems architecture, business processes and data usage, and capture future-state requirements to feed into business cases and delivery plans;
• Identify streamlined processes capable of delivering value to the business quickly;
• Work with Agile teams and with stakeholders to translate analysis into stories, deliverables, realistic features and improvements;
• Help to build a prioritised user-story backlog, and work with stakeholders to ensure full alignment and representation across teams;
• Ensure the core strategic business goals of the programme are understood by stakeholders, and challenge them to retain discipline on scope and the delivery of value;
• Link technical delivery requirements to business process change;
• Undertake detailed data flow analysis.
• Understand data from disparate sources and apply asset management domain knowledge to get great customer outcomes;
• Ability to analyse large data sets;
• Full understanding of all asset classes;
• Experience of working on all aspects of the delivery lifecycle, ideally in an Agile environment;
• The ability to understand the needs of both customers (internal and external) and business stakeholders;
• The ability to employ a consultative approach with internal customers;
• The ability to understand prioritisation demands, risks and dependencies across multiple deliveries;
• Excellent organisational skills to manage multiple priorities and deliverables;
• Positive reactions when under pressure;
• The ability to interpret complex business issues and communicate these in simple terms;
• Confidence in engaging with stakeholders at all levels and in facilitating workshops;
• Clear and succinct communication, where required;
• A high degree of emotional intelligence;
• Strong facilitation skills to propel initiatives forward.
People who work at M&G Prudential agree that ours is a great place to work with a brilliant team spirit. It's also an innovative, high-performing, commercial environment that's totally focused on customers. As an M&G Prudential colleague you'll get all the support you'd expect, including full training and professional development. You'll receive a competitive salary and reward package. And in a fast-changing world, you'll join an organisation that's leading the way in helping customers achieve their long-term financial goals.
M&G Prudential is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Our role as an employer is very simple - to provide the right environment for talented people to do their best work, by respecting, understanding and valuing individual differences.
We welcome applications from individuals who have taken an extended career break, and we are willing to consider flexible working arrangements for all of our roles.
Recruiter: Beth Eckersley