Job Title Business Analyst - Operations Technology
Posting Date 04/07/2019
Closing Date 02/08/2019
IT at Schroders is not just about technology; it's about problem solving using cutting edge technology to support the business and deliver high end solutions. We encourage innovation and value excellence. We are a global function that's managed locally and this allows us to develop and deploy systems and processes across our international offices. To learn how we've grown, explore our interactive timeline to see how we've been shaping financial futures since our very beginnings.
Operations Technology is a delivery function supporting the primary operational capabilities across Schroders such as; Investment Accounting, Reconciliations, Transaction Processing, Trade Operations, Derivative Operations, Asset Servicing, Collateral and Margining, Cash Management and TPA Reporting.
The team work closely with the business and its supporting change functions to provide on-going support for all forms of technical delivery including Project Management. The team also provide robust design solutions that meet the needs of the business and remain aligned to our Investment Technology strategic vision.
We also recognise that successfully balancing personal and professional commitments brings out the best in our teams and therefore all roles in Global Technology are reviewed for suitability for flexible working arrangements, with this specific opportunity available to applicants from 3 to 5 days per week. We passionately believe that individual performance is enhanced by embracing the whole individual and structuring a working environment that supports them.
Business Analysts are core members of the Operations Technology function and wider Investment Technology team. They are responsible for contributing to all aspects of the analysis, design, development and testing in relation to on-going change across the Investment Platform.
The analyst will be required to work within a capability aligned agile team and will also be required to work on large scale Projects or Programmes of change.
Business Analysts are innovative and passionate individuals who demonstrate a superior level of skill, experience and professionalism relative to their peers.
• Support Capability [Product] owners and leads to ensure that features and stories to be delivered by the Technology Capability teams are suitable defined and structured
• Responsible for leading analysis and solution design tasks which contribute to the delivery of working software
• Responsible for contributing to the analysis, development, and testing of working software
• Accountable for ensuring committed analysis and solution design objectives are met within agreed timelines
• Responsible for contributing to all elements of planning, including estimates for analysis assignments, testing and the support acceptance process
• Participate enthusiastically and effectively in Schroders agile ceremonies
• Committed to increasing their skills and experience in non-core specialisms (Development and testing)
• Supporting other team members to improve their analysis skills and experiences
• Supporting the development of the wider GT organisation through leadership of communities, guilds or key involvement in other non-core activities
General and Technical Skills:
• Wide experience of business analysis across a number of different capabilities, systems or teams; number of different (positive) experiences is valued higher than length of experience
• High level of technical skill in use of business analysis techniques, methodologies and artefacts to support software development
• Knowledge and experience of development or testing skills and tools common programming languages is preferred
• Highly skilled in producing visual artefacts e.g. Visio / iServer to communicate requirements, stories or design solutions
• Comfortable to engage with senior stakeholders within the business and wider GT in both written and verbal form
• Excellent ability to produce management level information packs / presentations to communicate requirements and design solutions
• Experience of working with global colleagues and stakeholders and sensitivity to cultural differences, times zones etc.
• Excellent understanding of the Investment Management business with specific focus on the core Investment Platform capabilities; Fund management, trading, confirmation, settlement, reconciliations, cash management, accounting, performance, reporting etc.
• Excellent ability to communicate how the Investment Technology team contributes to the wider business and Global Technology strategies