We have a world class team of portfolio managers, traders, developers, quants & operational staff. After more than 10 years, we’re well established, still breaking our own performance records, much more experienced yet we’ve never lost our bootstrapping, startup, go get ‘em attitude. We have always viewed trading as the ultimate team sport and understand that it takes teamwork and relentless effort to succeed in the financial markets year in, year out. Our trading, technology and operational teams all work closely together allowing us to build nimble, tailored solutions to fulfil our strategic goals.
What the role is all about:
This role involves the design and implementation of algorithmic trading systems components in C++ on Linux including trading infrastructure libraries, market data and order entry protocols and strategy logic. The successful candidate will be part of a small team of Traders and another Software Engineer and will be closely involved in making trading strategies successful on the derivatives markets Epoch trades.
We are looking for Engineers who have demonstrable experience with C++ and Python development but may not necessarily have worked in the financial industry. The ideal candidate will have a passion for technology, enjoys working in a team and takes pride in developing software that strives to be elegant in structure, robust and fast.
What your main responsibilities will be:
- Design, implement and test low-latency algorithmic trading software in C++
- Work closely with Traders to provide solutions for algorithmic trading including: alpha signals, price discovery, smart order routing, algorithmic execution, anonymous market making, analytics and research tools
- Build, deploy and operate trading systems in a production environment
- Work with the Application Support team on trading system documentation, diagnosis of production incidents and their resolution
To be successful in this role, these are the essential skills you need:
- Recent, good knowledge of C++, STL and Boost
- Experience with Linux systems calls for I/O, networking and process management
- Experience with a SQL database, ideally PostgreSQL is desirable
- Good understanding of data structures, their implementation and time complexity
- Python programming skills and shell scripting experience
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Attention to detail
Ideally, you have the following qualifications and experience:
● B.Sc. Computer Science or other engineering disciplines
● 2-5 years in C++ software development on Linux
If you also had these skills, it would be an added bonus:
- Experience in the derivatives market industry
- Experience with market data and order entry protocol implementations in a low-latency environment