About Funding Circle:
We connect small business owners to investors - to create jobs, support local communities and power economies - because we believe that people are made to do more. And we want to help realise their goals.
So, we created the leading small business loan platform. Investors have lent $13.1 billion in 130,000 loans to 90,000 small business owners. In a single year, this lending unlocked 115,000 jobs and contributed $8.4 billion to the global economy. There's never been a better time to join!
Be part of the team that changes everything. Let's build the place where small businesses can get the funding they need to win and leave a legacy behind, forever. About the role:
Funding Circle is looking for a Chief Architect
to drive our Technology Strategy, Target Architecture and implementation of architectural standards across our technology estate. This is a critical role to enable our significant scaling priorities for technology and to ensure we are building a sustainable technology platform for the company's future growth.
This role reports to the CTO and is a key member of the Tech Leadership team. Key Responsibilities
- Own the ongoing development and implementation of our Technology Strategy to achieve our Tech Vision of delivering innovation at pace in a multi product/channel set
- Own the target state architecture for the entire tech estate and coordinate the development of those with lead architects in each business domain
- Maintain, develop and evangelise our architectural principles within Technology and across the business
- Drive the appropriate level of governance over implementation of technology to comply with standards and document decisions and exceptions
- Ensure a clear view of current state architecture across all business units
- Nurture a technical community and culture internally and externally to FC (i.e. leading Tech Talks series, speaking on behalf of FC Tech at external conferences)
- Make decisions on enterprise level technologies that form part of our Tech Radar and direction whilst being accountable for the decisions being made and communicated across the group
- Support early engagement on new products and technologies to test and expand new ideas
- Share emergent trends in data, engineering and technology with the wider Tech team
- You are passionate in talking about Technology at all levels. You understand your audience and can deliver simple but clear technical messages to a non-technical group of stakeholders.
- You enjoy and relish taking complex ideas and communicating them simply
- Seasoned expert in a similar Architecture role in a technology driven organisation (10+ years commercial experience)