Client Change Manager
Overview of Group Change
Change management at Schroders follows a hub and spoke distributed model with divisional change teams embedded within each business division. Each divisional change team is then connected to and part of a central Group change department consisting of (amongst other functions) a cross divisional enterprise change function, an internal management consultancy team and an operational excellence function. Together these specialist change management resources collaborate to ensure the successful delivery of strategic outcomes prioritised in the best interest of the company.
Overview of Schroders / Lloyds relationship [via the Swift programme]
In October 2018 it was announced that Schroder PLC ('Schroders') and Lloyds Banking Group ('Lloyds') would be entering into a strategic partnership. One of the key aspects of this partnership being that Schroders would be appointed as the active investment manager of approximately £80 billion of the Scottish Widows and Lloyds insurance and wealth related assets, following Lloyds' asset management review announced in February 2018. This appointment will be for at least five years.
This appointment will benefit both Lloyds and its customers through providing access to a partner with leading investment management expertise, a stable investment team and strong performance across multiple asset classes.
This mandate will enhance Schroders' scale in its core areas of equities, fixed income, multi-asset and private assets.
Overview of role
Given the scale and strategic importance of this relationship, Schroders is looking to put in place a dedicated Lloyds change management capability to support any strategic and business as usual (BAU) change from the time responsibility for the assets transfers.
This capability will be responsible for:
- Management of a change pipeline (including scoping, qualifying and agreeing prioritisation with Lloyds and within Schroders )
- Leading / coordinating some larger cross organisational changes
- Whilst devolving some other changes to different change teams within Schroders but maintaining oversight
- Communication with Lloyds (and in some cases with its strategic partners such as State Street) regarding the status of relevant changes and serving as a point of escalation for these
- Managing the contractual change budget and commitments with LBG
As such, the capability will need to interact closely on an ongoing basis with:
- The wider overall service management capability that Schroders will have in place to manage the Lloyds relationship;
- Divisional change teams (and other business stakeholders as appropriate) across the Schroders business
- Relevant internal governance and prioritisation processes and;
- The equivalent change capability at Lloyds and potentially the senior Lloyds stakeholders requiring the change
Given the diverse and cross organisational nature of the interactions required, it has been decided that this dedicated Lloyds change capability should initially be housed and incubated centrally within Group Change. Over time it may be more appropriate for it to be located in a different area of the Schroders business - but this will be assessed further as the capability matures and the Lloyds relationship develops.
Schroders are therefore looking for a senior Change Manager to be involved in both building out this capability from inception and then leading / shaping it going forwards as part of BAU.
Work with Lloyds change capability, Schroders overall service management capability, senior business sponsors, the Enterprise PMO, Heads of Change and other Programme Managers to:-
• Capability build out / management
o Support the build out, development and creation of the central Lloyds change capability
o Manage other members of central Lloyds change capability
o Be a trusted and enabling manager focussed on developing the teams capabilities
• Pipeline / relationship management
o Build, maintain and coordinate the prioritisation of a pipeline of changes related to the services Schroders provides to Lloyds
o Support the build of programmes in a consultancy role for those delivered outside of the central Lloyds change capability and maintaining oversight
o Manage communication of progress and changes to the wider organisation and Lloyds
o Manage interdependencies across programmes across the Group
o Report to project oversight and governance boards as needed
o Develop effective relationships across the business and the wider change management community
• Change management / delivery
o Manage the delivery of a portfolio of complex programme initiatives from Target Operating Model to implementation
o Interpret requirements and agree appropriate project objectives
o Build and maintain delivery plans, ensuring Project Managers across domains remain on track with transparent reporting. Ensure project delivery teams are meeting planned delivery objectives: - time; quality; budget
o Monitor, communicate and mitigate risk
o Provide subject matter expertise and recommend appropriately pragmatic approaches/solutions.
o Define process for delivery where no process exists, and to break out of process where it is ineffective
o Be willing to get involved as needed in the detail, but always maintain a high level and horizon view
o Monitor, manager and report against the contractual change budget and change related KPIs
- Strong change management / delivery expertise
- Strong understanding of the Asset Management, Insurance and Wealth Management industries
- Ideally, experience of relationship / change management in a similar context with a large external client
- Strong management skill set - including influencing, negotiation and leaderships skills
- Experience of business process and technology change
- Credibility with business partners at all levels
- Logical, structured thought processes and good problem solving skills
- Good relationship management skills - able to engage with and gain confidence of others and maximise their contribution to the process
- Strong communication skills - written, pictorial, presentational and verbal at all levels within the organisation
- Able to demonstrate initiative
- Able to work well in a team and solo
- Focus on quality
- Experience of Agile working practices
Personal Attributes and Considerations
- Can develop new ideas and approaches that impact on existing methods, policies and approaches.
- Self starter who is ready to own responsibility for coordinating and planning the objectives and activities.
- Technical minded person desiring to keep abreast of changing Asset Management, Insurance, Wealth Management and Tech. industries.
- Confident enough to be able to challenge business ideas where they do not meet stated objectives.
- Would be comfortable spending periods of time in Edinburgh, Bristol and London each month
Note to Agencies:
Schroders does not accept speculative CV's from agencies. We do have a PSL who are invited to support us when required. We only pay fees to agencies instructed to send CV's and are submitted through our recruitment portal. We do not pay fees on speculative or unsolicited CV's sent to Schroders or Schroders employees and reserve the right to contact unsolicited CV's directly.