Collections Global Head
Collections Global Head Big Bank Funding. FinTech Thinking.
Our technology teams in the UK work closely with HSBC's global businesses to help design and build digital services that allow our millions of customers around the world, to bank quickly, simply and securely. We also run and manage our IT infrastructure, data centres and core banking systems that power the world's leading international bank.
Our multi-disciplined teams include: DevOps engineers, IT architects, front and back end developers, infrastructure specialists, cyber experts , as well as project and programme managers.
We work in small, agile DevOps teams with colleagues around the world from our offices at the Bluefin Building in Southwark, our global headquarters in Canary Wharf, and multiple other locations around the UK including Sheffield, Leeds, Barnsley and Birmingham.
Following extensive investment across our Technology and Digital domains and with plans for continued expansion throughout 2019 and beyond, we are currently seeking an experienced Collections Global Head to join HSBC Technology. Overview of Business Area;
Credit Control Services (CCS) IT provides support to RBWM's core global retail credit journey and creating sustainable outcomes for the Customer and the Bank. There are 3 core key vertical functions: i) Originations including Credit Bureau Management and RBWM Risk Systems plus Underwriting Services; ii) Data Analytics and Services and iii) Collections. CCS is processing over a billion customer decisions annually, across 20+ markets and over $65Bn in consumer assets globally. What you will be doing;
The CCS IT Global Head of Collections is accountable for the development and execution of the Collections Future State Architecture strategy; and leading all global/local execution, change portfolio, and Technology services across the globe.
Qualifications What you will bring to the role;
- Accountability for the end-to-end delivery of Collections IT Services to RBWM businesses across the Group.
- Governing the strategic direction for Collections systems across the Group in partnership with the Business.
- Being a member of the Global Collections Steering Committee and represent CCS IT in relevant executive leadership bodies.
- Driving the development and execution of the Collections Future State, providing the vision and roadmap for the product suite working closely with business partners and vendors.
- Providing consultancy advice, as a trusted partner, to the both global and regional stakeholders within the business and other technology teams on how best to implement the right technology solution.
- Overall fiscal responsibility for the Collections function. Owning the planning, monitoring and reporting in conjunction with the Planning & Finance team.
- Managing Collections resources across CCS IT in line with annual budget and implements location strategy.
To be successful in this role you should have proven experience within the Technology sector with knowledge of the following skills:
- Retail Banking environment, with good understanding of collections and recovery processes.
- Industry experience, solid exposure to managing product based teams providing global services
- Managing teams (Circa 100+) with responsibility for $20m annual budget
- Programme management experience essential
- Ability to form networks and influence at multiple levels of the organisation (both up and down), across different cultures and countries
- Exposure to management of vendor based solutions is key
- Technology stack:
CTA - Mainframes with COBOL, JCL, CICS and VSAM
eCafe - Java / ES, Spring and Angular JS
Middle ware - R2DS and MQ
- Recent exposure to management of large initiatives supporting Collections and Recovery - Desirable
The role will primarily be based in Canary Wharf, London.
Come Power a Business that Defines How to Power the World
As a business operating in markets all around the world, we believe diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why HSBC UK is committed to being an inclusive employer and encourages applications from all suitably qualified applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.
We want everyone to be able to fulfil their potential which is why we provide a range of flexible working arrangements and family friendly policies.
As an HSBC employee in the UK, you will have access to tailored professional development opportunities and a competitive pay and benefits package. This includes private healthcare for all UK-based employees, enhanced maternity and adoption pay and support when you return to work, and a contributory pension scheme with a generous employer contribution.
Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.