Consultant - ONESOURCE Direct Tax
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Thomson Reuters
- 21 Apr 19
Consultant - ONESOURCE Direct Tax
Position Title: Consultant
Position Type: Permanent
ONESOURCE (formerly Abacus) is designed to provide tax software solutions for multinational corporations and Accounting professionals. ONESOURCE solutions cover a broad range of taxes including Direct Tax Compliance and reporting, Indirect Tax determination and Compliance, Tax Planning and Workflow Management. (www.onesource.thomsonreuters.com/regions/emea)
- Support the Client relationship management process by being involved in calls and meetings
- Assist more senior team members in the implementation and support of Tax & Accounting solutions, with specific emphasis on the ONESOURCE Statutory Reporting and ONESOURCE Corporate Tax software
- Help provide training to clients by delivering straightforward training elements in a classroom/WebEx environment
- Help project manage larger client implementations by ensuring all time is logged and any budget over-run is flagged on a timely
Major Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
- As part of a project team, assist with the management and execution of medium to large global engagements, this may involve some European travel.
- Help to meet client expectations around key parts of a project through keeping track of the work being done and producing any necessary reports/analysis.
- Provide training to clients by delivering the more straightforward elements of the Statutory Reporting training program
- Ensure all training is billed and charged to the appropriate training code in a timely manner
- Help manage a client portfolio - understand their needs and environment
- Explore opportunities to improve client service by working with other Professional Services Statutory Reporting / Corporate Tax global teams
- As part of a project team, assist with the execution of client engagements in conjunction with and under the guidance of Project Office or a Client Services Manager.
- Assist development teams with product testing as required by assisting in the design, formulation and execution of test strategies and test cases
Technical /Professional Skills & Competencies:
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills. In particular, ability to see problems objectively (e.g.: from clients' viewpoint).
- Excellent presentation, interpersonal and communication skills (both oral and written)
- Ability to work in a team oriented environment
- Attention to detail
- Willingness to travel- some UK and European travel may be required as part of the role
- Accounting knowledge or some Finance relevant qualification/degree is preferred. We will support the successful in candidate in studying for the ATT professional qualification, which is strongly encouraged
- Good European language skills, in a language other than English, is beneficial but not essential
Education/ Certifications: (Specific degrees and/or certifications required or preferred)
- Strong academic background with at least a 2:1 achieved at University level. The successful candidate will have attained an A grade, at least, in GCSE Mathematics
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 25,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers .
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com .