Controllers, Funding Product and Balance Sheet Controller, Analyst/Associate, London
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
We're a team of specialists charged with managing the firm's liquidity, capital and risk, and providing the overall financial control and reporting functions. Whether assessing the creditworthiness of the firm's counterparties, monitoring market risks associated with trading activities, or offering analytical and regulatory compliance support, our work contributes directly to the firm's success. The division is ideal for collaborative individuals who have strong ethics and attention to detail. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS YOUR IMPACT
As a Funding and Balance Sheet Controller you will take ownership of the financial reporting and monitoring across a wide range of legal entities. You will develop an in-depth understanding of these entities, including their investments, business strategies, and associated technical accounting requirements.
We're looking for a bright, driven professional to join our Controllers team, who is keen to use and develop their technical accounting skills to provide high quality reporting and analysis of our entities' assets and liabilities in a challenging and varied environment. OUR IMPACT
Controllers are a diverse team of specialists charged with ensuring the firm meets the financial control and reporting obligations of a global, regulated and public financial institution.
Whether Funding and Balance Sheet Controllers are ensuring the integrity of our entities' financial information, facilitating management reporting and business models, or offering analytical support, our work will contribute directly to the firm's success.
As contact with virtually every part of the firm is essential to Controllers, professionals in the department have the opportunity to experience Goldman Sachs businesses, products and sophisticated information technology systems on a daily basis. If you are keen to develop an in-depth understanding of financial services, Controllers is a great place to further your career.
The division is ideal for collaborative individuals who enjoy working in a strong team focused culture, and are motivated by opportunities for challenging stretch assignments. You will receive continuous training, both formal and informal, to ensure your ongoing professional development and have exposure to and support from senior members of our team from the outset. HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE'RE LOOKING FOR BASIC QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Preparation, analysis, review and presentation of daily, monthly, quarterly and annual financial reporting to senior management, directors, and other key stakeholders under US GAAP and IFRS
- Preparation and analysis of financial statements, including resolving complex technical accounting issues and disclosure requirements, and liaising with external auditors (predominately under IFRS)
- Take full ownership and become the subject matter expert for certain secured funding tax and reporting requirements
- Understand the impact of regulatory developments and proactively work to identify solutions (e.g. NSFR)
- Facilitating the daily, monthly and quarterly consolidated reporting of the Goldman Sachs Group with regular interaction with Funding and Balance Sheet teams in New York
- Coordination with multiple teams across the firm - and across the globe - including Funding and Product Control, Corporate Treasury, Engineering and Tax in a collaborative and problem-solving capacity
- Proactively seeking opportunities to improve our workflows, technology, and integrity of reporting information
- Understand the impact of regulatory developments and proactively work to identify solutions
- Involvement in a broad range of cross-divisional projects and initiatives
- Recently qualified accountant - ACA or equivalent
- Able to demonstrate technical accounting knowledge in your current area of expertise
- Experience in preparation of audited financial statements under US, UK GAAP or IFRS an advantage
- A track record of improving processes and adding value to clients/stakeholders
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- Strong analytical skill - You demonstrate an aptitude for problem solving with the ability to exercise sound and balanced judgment in a highly regulated environment
- Functional expertise - Enjoy keeping up-to-date with emerging business, economic, and market trends
- Strong technical accounting skills - You demonstrate strong technical skills, pay attention to detail, take initiative to broaden your knowledge and resolve accounting issues
- Personal drive and motivation - Successfully handle multiple tasks, take initiative to improve your own performance, work intensely towards challenging goals
- A client and business focus - Effectively handle difficult requests, build trusting, long-term relationships with clients, help the client to identify/define needs and manages client/business expectations
- Strong teamwork ethic - You are a strong team player with excellent interpersonal skills. You collaborate well with others within and across teams, encourage other team members to participate and contribute and acknowledges others' contributions
- Excellent communication skills - Communicate what is relevant and important in a clear and concise manner and share information/new ideas with others
- Judgement and problem solving - You will always be thinking ahead, able to anticipate questions, plan for contingencies, find alternative solutions and identifies clear objectives.
- Creativity/Innovation and a desire to add value - Look for new ways to improve current processes and develop creative solutions that are grounded in reality and have practical value
- The ability to influence outcomes - Present sound, persuasive rationale for ideas or opinions. Able to take a position on issues and influences others' opinions and presents persuasive recommendations both internally and to our external partners.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity