Data Business Analyst
Data Business Analyst Who we're looking for
We are looking for a data focused Business Analyst to join the Global Data Solutions Team. The Global Data Solutions team is a technology team with a broad remit to source, master, validate and distribute data to support Schroders' Asset Management business.
We need someone who knows their way around a database, who understands the business use of data, the importance of governance and standards, balanced against constant demand for delivery. Financial Services experience is important but not essential for the right candidate. About Schroders
We're a global investment manager. We help institutions, intermediaries and individuals around the world invest money to meet their goals, fulfil their ambitions, and prepare for the future.
We have around 4,000 people on six continents. And we've been around for over 200 years, but keep adapting as society and technology changes. What doesn't change is our commitment to helping our clients, and society, prosper. The base
We moved into our new HQ in the City of London in 2018. We're close to our clients, in the heart of the UK's financial centre. We offer flexible working appropriate for a client solutions focused role. The team
The team delivers to multiple business areas within the organisation; one day it'll be front office, the next day regulatory, and the following day trade flow. We are needed for almost every change project in Schroders, we're delivering into 30+ projects in 2019 and managing 15+ of our own.
This is not an ordinary BA role. An Agile Analyst is responsible for owning and managing the work items assigned to them; working with business and technology stakeholders directly and coordinating with internal developers and testers. You will be involved at every stage of the software development lifecycle.
We enjoy solving problems together and are focused on delivering value to our clients. What you'll do
Representing global data solutions team to multiple stakeholders across numerous projects to ensure the delivery of data solutions to deliver business benefit. Key aspects of the role will include;
• Analysis of functional, business and technical requirements into flexible, strategic solutions
• Offer data consultancy to business and technology stakeholders
• Perform data analysis to support the requirement and evaluate the viability of the solution
• Keep the physical data model data dictionary up to date at a table and attribute level
• Work closely with the development and support teams to help them understand the requirement
• Support the full project lifecycle through to implementation The knowledge, experience and qualifications you need
• Experience of Financial Services and data knowledge.
• Experience working with databases
• Strong data analysis skills (including SQL)
• Working with senior stakeholders and users
• Logical, structured thought processes and good problem-solving
• Relationship management and business engagement
• Track-record of delivery within large programmes The knowledge, experience and qualifications that will help
• Structured analysis techniques
• Able to engage with stakeholders in both Business and Technology
• Able to challenge stakeholders diplomatically but robustly when appropriate
• Multi-disciplined and able to provide support throughout SDLC
• Capable of balancing timely delivery against strategic development
• Detailed and logical approach with full traceability of analysis
• Pro-active and delivery-focused What you'll be like
• A team oriented individual
• Flexible, self-motivated, enthusiastic and willing to learn
• A critical thinker who's able to look at things from different angles
• Great at unpicking a problem, from start to end, own and deliver the solution
• Able to work under pressure, on several priorities at once
• Great at working with other people, sharing and communicating decisions
• Keen to improve what we do for our clients We're looking for the best, whoever they are
Schroders is an equal opportunities employer. You're welcome here whatever your sex, marital status, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religious belief or age. Note to Agencies:
Schroders does not accept speculative CVs from agencies. We do have a PSL who are invited to support us when required. We only pay fees to agencies instructed to send CVs and are submitted through our recruitment portal. We do not pay fees on speculative or unsolicited CVs sent to Schroders or Schroders employees and reserve the right to contact unsolicited CVs directly.