Octopus is a group of companies which invests in the people, ideas and industries that will help to change the world. We believe that the companies serving two of our most important needs – our financial wellbeing and our planet’s future – are failing. And we want that to change. We want everything we do, whether that’s in financial services or energy supply, to have a positive impact on the people it touches.
In our financial services business, we care as much about the impact our investments have, as we do about the returns that we generate for our investors. We manage more than £9.1 billion* on behalf of retail and institutional investors, specialising in renewable energy, real estate, smaller company and venture capital investing.
Our energy supply business - Octopus Energy, is one of the fastest growing companies in the UK. It has grown from start-up to more than 1.7 million customers over the last four years and is now the #1 rated UK energy supply business, and the only one to be recommended by Which? three years in a row.
Octopus Energy, Octopus Giving, Octopus Investments, Octopus Renewables, Octopus Real Estate, Octopus Ventures, Seccl Technology and Octopus Wealth are all part of Octopus Group. Visit www.octopusgroup.com
About the Role
We’re looking for a Data Insights (Business Intelligence) Analyst to work within Octopus Investments.
Core responsibilities will include:
- Working with sales managers to define the right metrics and data requirements for different processes, such as sales pipeline generation and conversion
- Working with product managers and data engineers to identify the right data sources and calculation requirements to support reporting
- Creating relevant, engaging and reliable KPI dashboards to track and help improve sales performance
- Analysing performance data (e.g. conversion rates, correlations) to identify opportunities and issues
- Providing ad hoc support to end-users regarding data access and report maintenance
- Driving up data quality (completeness, reliability, clarity, etc.) throughout the data supply chain
- Helping the Insights team document and organise its resources and processes
- Helping the wide business become more data driven by partnering with end-user and delivering insights that help deliver impact, such as higher sales
Ideally, you’ll have some or all of the following qualifications, skills and job-related experience
- Experience defining defining and introducing metrics to business processes
- At least 2 years of experience working with Power BI (Pro or, ideally, Premium) – data modelling, report creation and distribution
- At least 2 years of experience writing SQL and DAX
- At least 1 year of experience as an analyst working with a B2B sales team
- Experienced working in or alongside data engineering teams to deliver data solutions spanning source systems to end-users
And to really stand out from the crowd, you will display the following qualities and characteristics:
- Ambition to create a data-driven culture
- Passion for data visualisation
- Love helping people learn new skills
- Strong analytical mindset
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Experienced at managing multiple stakeholders through processes or projects
- Always bringing energy to the team
Our Values and DNA
At Octopus we don't just focus on what we do but also how we do it. Everyone shares our values of being straightforward, helpful and bold. And while these are the principles that guide us as an organisation, our DNA goes even further, by revealing our inner strengths:
- We are loyal: we fully buy-in to the company's vision and believe in everything that Octopus stands for.
- We are respectful: we live and breathe the Octopus values of being helpful, straightforward and bold.
- We are resilient: we have an inner strength that means we never give in.
- We are intellectually curious: we seek to understand how the world works and were always learning, adapting and improving.
- We understand who our customers are: and because we know them really well, we always give them our very best.
What we offer
Octopus has built an exciting and inclusive high-performance culture where employees feel empowered. This means we welcome discussions around flexible working hours. We also understand the value of diversity, and we have a team dedicated to promoting gender, ethnic, socio-economic, LGBT and disability equality, to make sure we back up our words with actions. All Octopus employees are given the opportunity to develop new skills, aim higher and accelerate their careers.